Repackable Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captndale

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I heard that there is a stainless steel repackable filter that is made to replace the triplex filter used on the Bauer Capitano compressor. Does anyone know who makes it or where it may be purchased?

Capt. Bennett.
I have a filter system which can be used on the Capitano to replace the Triplex filter. The units can be purchased with repackable cartridges or Lawrence Factor cartridges. They are less than 16 in long including the inlet and outlet fittings. They are shown on my web site: <sheldensportinggoods.com> near the bottom of the site
frogman62
jim shelden
316-992-0505

Capt. Bennett.
I have a filter system which can be used on the Capitano to replace the Triplex filter. The units can be purchased with repackable cartridges or Lawrence Factor cartridges. They are less than 16 in long including the inlet and outlet fittings. They are shown on my web site: <sheldensportinggoods.com> near the bottom of the site
frogman62
jim shelden
316-992-0505

Does your unit act as a final separator if he replaces the Triplex tower? If not them I would suggest putting a "dummy" cartridge in the Triplex and using yours as an add on.

Craig

I have a tower filter that I use as a secondary filter. I have the discharge from the triplex filter which is mounted on the compressor piped into this secondary filter. Because the triplex filter is integral to the water seperation system I am reluctant to modify it directly. I also like the fact that I have two distinct filters. I usually repack the plastic triplex captridges, but this can only be done two or three times. I heard that there was a repackable cartridge designed to replace the triplex filter but I have been unable to find a source for it.

I dont think there is one available over the shelf - I have looked long and hard, eventually I modified my tower filter to make it repackable - see the post under "Filter modification" - this is a Bauer K14 filter, just a bit longer than the triplex jobs, but the casing can be modified the same way.

Craig,
My filter has a two sections, the lower is a moisture trap with a drain and then air flows through a baffle to the upper chamber which has a repackable cartridge which is packed with Linde 13X. I usually sell a second chamber which has the same configuration but the upper chamber is packed with 1 in of Linde 13X, 1 inch of hopcalite, and 4 inches of activated charcoal delivering grade E breathing air.
I have sold several that have replaced the triplex with my unit. Two of my units work very well for a compressor with less than 10cfm air flow.
Frogman62
Jim Shelden

I wonder if you could modify an available filter canister to fit in the triplex filter...

GMC may have some of what you need.

You'll need to get the adapter that changes the Bauer filter double O-Ring seal to the Mako style.

You will then be able to use the GMC repackable stainless steel filter canister with your bauer towers... the links are below.

Adapter: Convert Filter Canister

Tall Repackable Stainless Cannister

I imagine you will have to shorten the stainless steel canister to fit in your tower.

I'm trying to modify one of these canisters to work with the Bauer securus system.

I think Captain Dale was looking for a can that would fit the P0 and not the big tower. If that same thing was available in the short can, it would be perfect.

I have heard of people cutting the end off of a cartridge and just filling it with marbles to act as a larger mechanical separator and then just relying on the additional towers for filtration. Of course that is just second hand and have never seen how they cut and closed the cartridge.

Good hunting!

I think Captain Dale was looking for a can that would fit the P0 and not the big tower. If that same thing was available in the short can, it would be perfect.

I have heard of people cutting the end off of a cartridge and just filling it with marbles to act as a larger mechanical separator and then just relying on the additional towers for filtration. Of course that is just second hand and have never seen how they cut and closed the cartridge.

Yes, in fact, I have a Global repackable cartridge in my tower filter which I use for a secondary filter.

What I was looking for is a stainless steel repackable cartridge for the Bauer triplex filter that is mounted on my Bauer Capitano compressor. The Bauer cartridges are plastic and are easily opened up. They can be repacked at least a couple of times but will not last forever.

Back
Top Bottom