Repair Mares mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Until recently, all of the mask I've ever owned (except a Farallon Tri-View) were mask that could be completely disassembled down to the lens, skirt, metal frame and screws, and cleaned of all debris. After reassembly they were good for another few years. My son has a mask made by Mares that has developed a leak somewhere between the frame and lens or skirt and lens. Can these type of mask be disassembled, cleaned and put back together? Is there a sealant required in the process or do the parts just snap and seal together?

Thank you,

Couv

Have you contacted Mares? They may take care of it depending on age. They have their own forum on this board.

what type of mask is it.:confused:

AFAIK all mares masks can be taken apart.Well the ones I know.

300...I'm at work right now, so I'll have to get back to you on that. But, in your experience, can the plastic frame can be un-snapped from the skirt and glass? When you reassemble it, do you need adhesive?

thanks,

couv

300...I'm at work right now, so I'll have to get back to you on that. But, in your experience, can the plastic frame can be un-snapped from the skirt and glass? When you reassemble it, do you need adhesive?

thanks,

couv

Yep no problem,I use my thumbnail to get the frame out.
Look at the side of the frame,you can see where the innerframe lockes in to the outerframe.Just put your nail or a blunt table knife (or special plastictool) between the two frames and work around.Lift the inner frame,remove and remove the lenzes.
Clean and go back in reverse order.
1st put skirt back into outerframe reinsert lenzes.Reinsert innerframe and push in.
there might be some force and a table edge needed to fully close innerframe.
Can't mis.

Hope it helps.

btw. No adhesive needed

Thanks 300bar, I'll give it a try. By the way, the mask is a Mares Tropika.

c

Edit: Thursday 16 JUL ....ok, that was almost too easy. Just as you said, I took it apart, gave it a good cleaning and snapped it back together. My kid's face is not currently available so I leak tested it on a sheet of paper, lens down and filled it full of water. So far, no leaks.

Dank u,

Couv

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom