Repairing Mares Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a kind of glue to repair some Mares Volo Power fins. The rubber is coming off the plastic V shaped spine right at the end of the fins, I want to stop it before it becomes more and more detached.

Bonus points if it's something I can find easily at my local home depot.

Thanks,
-Tom

I have the same problem. Just noticed. Probably about 25 dives on the fins. Always taken care off and rinsed after dive. I think some kind of rubber cement will do the trick. It has to be flexible and bond well. Epoxy will not work since it is rigid. I have volo power purchased at sport chalet. Did not save the receipt, it's only fins. Now I wish I have. I think rubber cement from tire repair kits might do the trick. It bonds to rubber and is flexible. Regular glues and epoxies will not work.

Same happened to me after 5 dives or so. Talking about quality... Trying to get a new pair off warranty but had to sent them to another country to be checked out. I wonder why they just don't admit there's a flaw in their design and do something about it.

Did anyone have any luck fixing this problem? I noticed yesterday that My Volo Powers are coming apart at the ends on both fins and on both sides. The right fin is already torn about 2 inches on one side.. I have had the fins for 3 years now so I am positive they are out of warranty.

Did anyone have any luck fixing this problem? I noticed yesterday that My Volo Powers are coming apart at the ends on both fins and on both sides. The right fin is already torn about 2 inches on one side.. I have had the fins for 3 years now so I am positive they are out of warranty.

I didn't. Luckily mine had still warranty and my local store was kind enough to change them to another brand.

As it is well known, the hard plastic doesn't mix well with the softer rubber in the Volo's. I'm not sure if there is a strong enough glue in the world to prevent that from happening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom