Replacement for SP-350, Sp-560 or 570?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way cool!!! You know, I just ordered a second 560, just in case I flood my first on in Galapagos. Can you imagine being without a camera on that trip??

Way cool!!! You know, I just ordered a second 560, just in case I flood my first on in Galapagos. Can you imagine being without a camera on that trip??

That is cheap insurance for a trip like that I think. You can replace the camera but not what you would miss. Although the new A650 will be the wife's land camera, I might buy a housing for it just in case I need a back up too....:D

That is cheap insurance for a trip like that I think. You can replace the camera but not what you would miss. Although the new A650 will be the wife's land camera, I might buy a housing for it just in case I need a back up too....:D
Good idea. I flooded my 7070 on my first dive in Australia. I learned my lesson the hard way.:(
It's why I dive with 2 computers. I've heard too many horror stories from people who have been on trips that cost a lot of time and money only to have a computer crap out on them and then they weren't allowed to dive without one. Don't know why since people used to dive without computers all the time. But that's some operators' policies now.

I took a look at the G9 based on your comments and it looks like a sweet camera. Seems like there are limited housing options though. I only could find the Canon and Ikelite. Are there other housings available?

Thanks Gary. I found another housing for the G9 by Sea and Sea that looks real sweet but a bit pricey. Not sure if it's available yet, although the site says it will start shipping in Jan 2008. Here is the link if anyone is interested: DigiFish - Underwater Housings for Canon PowerShot G9

If anyone has used/seen this housing, I'd love to hear your opinion.

Leslie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom