Replacement parts for Inflator to Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timothy Randall

Registered
Reaction score
Board members and Technicians:

I have an Oxycheq singature wing that I really like. When it was new I noticed the outer nut was loose that connected the inflator elbow tot he bladder fitting. ( I tightened it and all was good. Well on my last hunting/gathering trip I surfaced in the surge to find that I could not maintain air in the bladder and ultimately had to get out of the water on the rocks instead of the boat for fear of having to ditch my catch as well as possibly my new DUI weight set.

At home I discovered that the inter "tee nut" was broken in half and so I had a leak at the bladder connection.

With some research (thanks to Google and this board I found that a spanner was available from DRE. My questions are:

1) Where do I get the replacement parts for the inflator connector?
2) is there another (local) source for the spanner wrench designed to hold the inner fitting while the "double nut" is tightened (or should I say tool used to tighten the inner spanner Tee nut while the outer double nut is held?
3) How does one properly hold and or turn the "double nut" as it has no "flats on it as does the collar nut that holds the inflator elbow?
4) are the inflator connector parts from different wing/BC manufactures interchangable?

Thanks

Tim

Thanks,

Iam planning to call them Monday anyway to order a new Duo wrist computer. So are the other manufactures of wings using the same type of connection?

Tim

Big guys like scubapro and seaquest tend to have there own which are nbot compatible. Smaller mfgrs tend to use a common fitting.

I found this interesting in view of the following. I bought a new SP X-Tek Trav-Tek wing from a dealer and discovered the same part was broken when I received it. I don't think the seller realized that when he sent it. I just found it very interesting that the part would be broken at all! Pretty critical part... why should they break at all (under normal installation and use)? Still waiting to get a replacement.

Timothy Randall:
Thanks,

Iam planning to call them Monday anyway to order a new Duo wrist computer. So are the other manufactures of wings using the same type of connection?

Tim

Hey Tim, 2 quick notes... One, yes there is a standard tool to fit that, but really unless they are really jammed together, you can normally get it by hand. I would not bother buy the tool, as any place that fixes up your BC will have it... For example, you could just ship the BC to us for probably about 5 bucks, and get it fixed up for the price of the part.... Probably be less than buying the tool!

And as far as the DUO, I'm not sure if you've gone through all the threads, but the Duo from Dive Rite is the same as a Tusa computer - both Seiko computers with different names silk screened on them. The difference is Tusa gives you a scratch protector, has twice the warranty, and with your scuba board discount, is probably about $50 - $75 cheaper.

We sell both, so it doesn't much matter to me, but I always hate to see people waste money...

Thanks Larry,

I did get the Duo and the software with the uploader as well as the diveRite inflator elbow parts. (the male flange part) was Identical to that which was broken on my Oxycheq wing.

I am going to have a buddy of mine CNC on out of Delron (it seems stupid). All the ones I have now seen are to darn thin right at the 90degree juncture with the male thread? they could easily be made of thicker material with no detriment to the design.

Thanks for the h/u on the Seiko manufacturing of the unit. (I have yet to get mine wet but look forward to doing so in Maui next month!!

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom