Replacement weight pouch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterkitty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Okay. I have an weight-integrated BC (from Mares). I like the system. However I am a klutz and manage to lose things a little too easily. Upon returning from a dive last week, I managed to "misplace" one of my weight pockets (a mechanical release system - MRS - pouch). I know it made it out of the water safely and back to the dive locker. As to where it went after that, I haven't the slightest idea.

So, after doing everything short of organizing a search party, I have been unable to find it. So that leaves me with one weight pouch, which is not good for trim, as you may well have guessed.

I dislike weight belts (hard weights that is). However, since I have soft weights, I am willing to try a soft weight belt. My first question is: what are your opinions on soft weight belts?

My second question is: can I order a replacement MRS pouch? (I saw them on the MARES site, but with no price/way to order).

Thanks!

If your LDS sells Mares, they should be able to special order the weight pocket for you. Just make sure you are able to tell them which model of BC and if it is the right or left pocket (sometimes it matters, sometimes not).
:D

I hate weight belts, anytype. I just don't care for them hanging on my hips. I'd consider a belt that has a shoulder harness though.

Some companies will replace the pouches if you had to ditch them because of an "incident". Are you sure you didn't have an "incident"? :wink:

Joe

I used soft weight belt for many yrs and like it a lot, then switched for integrated and never looked back, only draw back is the added weight in the rig, but not to much of a problem since for warm water not much weight is needed.

The advantage of weight integration for me is one less thing to keep track off.

Your local Mares suplier shoud be able to get a replacement of the lost pouch.

Check accessories here

give Larry a call at scubatoys, he carries mares, see if he can help you out

dlndavid:
Check accessories here

Thank you! Have you dealt with this dealer before? Are they reputable?

Sideband:
Some companies will replace the pouches if you had to ditch them because of an "incident". Are you sure you didn't have an "incident"? :wink:

Joe

Oh yes, I remember now...the "incident..." how silly of me to forget :D

Back
Top Bottom