Replacing dump valve tube on Ocean Sport BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alvin Slovinsky

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m looking for some advice I have a BCD ocean sport that needs the dump valve tube on it replaced because its cracked. Is this a DIU or would it be better to take it into my dive shop to have done. If I can do it what would I need to order for parts and what tools would I need and are all the dump valves the same standard size as well. Thank you in advance for any information or advice you can offer me.

Hi, thanks for starting the new thread. Could you please post a couple of pictures of the "tube" and where it connects to your BCD? There is a terminology mismatch here and some pictures will help folks understand a little better what part of your BC has the issue and the pictures of where/how it connects to the BCD will help with possible recommendations for compatible replacement parts.

-Z

Also be more descriptive of the BCD. A quick search suggests you have an old model of an Oceanic BCD, but confirm or correct that. Sounds like you might be talking about the corrugated inflator hose. In general, as long as you match length and fitting diameter you will be okay. Do NOT get just “close enough” in length, as you will then have to deal with a mismatched dump cable that is threaded inside the hose. If you are also replacing the shoulder dump valve, you also need to worry about matching the threads for that connection. Sounds like you picked this up off eBay. Don’t be surprised if the inflator also needs to be rebuilt or replaced. Or if you find it still doesn’t hold air once you have fixed all the obvious leaks on components.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom