Replacing flooded camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I managed to flood my Sea & Sea DX-1G camera and housing while in a rinse tank on a dive trip to Cozumel. I sent the the camera and housing to reef video and the camera to see of either item was repairable.

The camera was not repairable, but the housing tested OK. When I bought the camera and housing, I got two YS-01 strobes to go with it.

Since they don't make the camera anymore and I am not terribly enthused about continuing to use the housing even if I was to find a DX-1G to put in it, what do I do next?

I would like to find a "non-Sea & Sea" replacement camera/housing that would be able to accommodate the TTL strobes.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Check this chart it gives you the cameras compatible with your strobes in TTL
SEA&SEA |
Note that some of the olympus cameras are NOT compatible

Thanks. I am looking at a Canon G12 with a WP-DC34 housing. They are both on the list, so this may all work out in the end. This is the last time I put a camera in a rinse tank on a boat!!
[h=1][/h]

Be aware that although the G12 is a great camera for macro there are no wide angle lenses that can be used with the canon housing
In general the G series offers little or no choice of wet angle lenses depending on the housing
If all you plan to shoot is macro no worries

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom