Replacing Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I goot the wing (the day AFTER I ordered it, thanks Tobin), and gave it a test run last night at vets.

Only a couple comments, not really a criticism, but the centrally mounted inflator hose and the very short length of same requires me to have my shoulder D ring up on top of my shoulder since the inflator is looped to the D Ring, rather than down near my chest. I've got the plate lined up with the holes so that the wing is as high as it can go.

It does make shoulder dumpig a little easier (since it's always high), but I miss my left d ring and don't want to put two on.

Thoughts about what I was doing wrong or right?

As for rear dumping with the horesshoe, didn't have major problems, but it's going to take a little getting used to.

Hi Chris,

A couple thoughts; The plate you are using has only one set of bolt holes, and the top one is about 2.5" down from the top, our plates have two sets of holes and they are both higher, so that might have some effect on hose lenght.

I use a piece of bicycle inner tube on the upper left shoulder strap, above the dring. I route the lp hose under this inner tube, no the corrugated hose It acts to restrain both the corrugated hose and the lp hose.

Tobin

Yeah, I use the same bicycle tubing and a bungee loop under the D ring. The issue isn't the corrugate and hose flopping around, it's just that the d ring is now up by my ear to do this

cool_hardware52:
Hi Chris,

A couple thoughts; The plate you are using has only one set of bolt holes, and the top one is about 2.5" down from the top, our plates have two sets of holes and they are both higher, so that might have some effect on hose lenght.

I use a piece of bicycle inner tube on the upper left shoulder strap, above the dring. I route the lp hose under this inner tube, no the corrugated hose It acts to restrain both the corrugated hose and the lp hose.

Tobin

just received my rig today. very nice as expected. you just answered one of my questions. so unlike with my old halcyon setup i won't be using a bungee under the left shoulder d-ring keeper to tame the inflator hose. very sleek. i like the short hose although i am sure it'll take a little getting used to.

Must be the bolt placement with the "H" BP as I use the bungee under the left should d-ring for the inflator -- but on the DSS BP and it works fine.

Oh, I misunderstood...... so the DSS lp inflator hose isn't supposed to line up with the d ring, and just use the bicycle innertube further up the shoulder strap instead of the bungee.... Is that right? Problem is re threading the shoulder strap with innertube... ugh!

Old habits die hard....

ChrisM:
Oh, I misunderstood...... so the DSS lp inflator hose isn't supposed to line up with the d ring, and just use the bicycle innertube further up the shoulder strap instead of the bungee.... Is that right? Problem is re threading the shoulder strap with innertube... ugh!

Old habits die hard....

I do both, i.e. I route the lp hose under the inner tube loop, and a have generous bungee loop at the dring to hook the inflator under. The inner tube loop is keeps the hose from going behind your head if it gets loose from the bungee.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom