Replacing LPI hose... how to disconnect mouthpiece to be able to slpi new hose over

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
H:shocked2:
Hi

Am new to this, but i need bit of help...
Can someone please tell me how to take off the mouthpiece on LPI hose, or the top bit; I need to do it because I have another hose all ready, and I can't seem to dismantle the mouthpiece or top end so that I am able to slip the broken hose off and put the good one on. I know it's a daft question, am sure many can do it..would be great if someone can write ( I know it can be done, had Mares mouthpiece put on earlier in the year and I sat there watching it but I just can't remember ! ) Can't find any photos on the web. Bcd brand : Sherwood

Thanks all

Just to clarify, the LPI (low pressure inflator) hose is the hose that screws into the first stage of your regulator, and connects to the power inflator on the corrugated hose of your BC via a quick disconnect. The corrugated hose has a mouthpiece, the LPI hose does not. Corrugated hoses might be connected on either end using a zip tie or two, but if that were the case with yours it would be obvious and you probably wouldn't be asking. Somebody who actually knows will answer your question eventually. Good luck.

Yep thanks I sorted it out and fixed it, basically get two spoons or screwdrivers in & when hose is cut at the outhpiece end you can press two buttons like clips either side, when both pressed, they depress the tight connection and out comes the inside and spring...then unloop the wire/cable that keeps it tight at the end...& it should and will slip straight off. Simply put on new hose that burst or gt torn, replace the holder that keeps the actually lpi hose in around bcd hose, put loop back in after spring,,and finally attach with cable ties!
Bingo! Fixed! took a while to wrk it out without wanting to break anything
Thanks for reply
all done noew it blows up, better like this than with a leak or tape around it. Sweet, thanks

:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom