replacing stolen tanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacknet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Some moron decided they needed my tanks and regulators more than I did and it's looking like the good old boys at the police station will not recovery my stuff so i'm looking at replacment tanks.

What I had was 2x black luxfer al80 tanks. I was going to o2 clean them for dedicated nitrox. If I do replacments I was looking for something light weight. I will be doing partial pressure blending in the tanks and dedicating them to nitrox. I was thinking maybe shotblasted or green. I think DIN would be manditory. I'm considering genesis 300 bar din valves.

Question I have is there any recomendations on tanks that I should look at besides luxfer? I seldome use a wetsuit or weights when I dive.

Ed

...but go over to the DecoStop and register the stolen gear, police contact, etc.:

http://thedecostop.com/~gear/

So you don't wear a wetsuit. Not knowing where you're from, does this mean you dive a drysuit? No exposure protection? Are you currently wearing a BP and if so what kind and/or weight?

If you want some recommendations, we need some information.

Roak

.........without more info the best recommendation on tanks would be to buy OMS/Faber LP steel 85's.......I own 3 of them (a single and a twinset). They're a little smaller (7" vs 7.25" diameter/ same height/ and 1 pound lighter empty than an AL80).....but give you 85 cu. ft. of gas versus the 77 cu ft in an AL80....and are neutrally bouyant empty.
Also, since they are LP tanks--2640 psi, it's easy to partial blend in the tank...and if you fill them to 3000 psi you get 97 cu. ft of gas.....20 more cu. ft. than an AL80 @ 3000 psi.
The only disadvantage is they will be 2 to 2 1/2 times as expensive as an AL80.

(I also dive LP 120 steels/ and a 130 HP steel, but it sounds like those are bigger tanks than you're interested in.)

Karl

Back
Top Bottom