Requested feature for Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rocketman3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We just got back from a week in Cozumel with our new Perdix AI’s. I loved them (once I got over my own mistakes).

Both my wife (my buddy) and I have them. It got me thinking of a feature I would like on them. Because we are recreational divers we never have 2 tanks.i would like a buddy dive option for transmitters 1&2. I would like the T2 (transmitter2 ) to be my buddy’s air. It doesn’t affect SAC or is even recorded. It just shows (when it gets signal) the buddy’s air pressure. It doesn’t care when it loses signal.

That way when I want to know her pressure I just swim near her and there it is . I think that would be an easy software only feature that would be beneficial to those of us who both own Perdix AI’s

We just got back from a week in Cozumel with our new Perdix AI’s. I loved them (once I got over my own mistakes).

Both my wife (my buddy) and I have them. It got me thinking of a feature I would like on them. Because we are recreational divers we never have 2 tanks.i would like a buddy dive option for transmitters 1&2. I would like the T2 (transmitter2 ) to be my buddy’s air. It doesn’t affect SAC or is even recorded. It just shows (when it gets signal) the buddy’s air pressure. It doesn’t care when it loses signal.

That way when I want to know her pressure I just swim near her and there it is . I think that would be an easy software only feature that would be beneficial to those of us who both own Perdix AI’s
You can do that already - put the transnmitter (call it T2) on her 1st stage and set up the display on your Perdix to be T1 & T2. Then set GTR Mode to T1 and your GTR & SAC will be based on T1 (the transmitter on your 1st stage) and not your wife's. When you swim within range you will see your wife's pressure show up under T2; when you are out of range it will blink "Comms". Set up your wife's Perdix the opposite way for clarity (your transmitter as T2) or keep the same - up to you! It's all described on pages 10 & 11 of the Perdix AI manual.

Last edited:
You can do that already - put a transnmitter (T2) on her 1st stage and set up the display on your Perdix to be T1 & T2

Or, rather than doing all that extra work and getting another transmitter, and then when you want to check her air you need to swim close enough, wait for the signal to be acquired, you do the following: Add a small analog SPG to her first stage and route it behind her BCD and clip it off to a lower D ring facing outwards so it's hardly even noticeable to her and you can simply swim next to her, and take a quick look at it. That also gives her the redundancy should her AI computer or transmitter fail.

Or, rather than doing all that extra work and getting another transmitter, and then when you want to check her air you need to swim close enough, wait for the signal to be acquired, you do the following: Add a small analog SPG to her first stage and route it behind her BCD and clip it off to a lower D ring facing outwards so it's hardly even noticeable to her and you can simply swim next to her, and take a quick look at it. That also gives her the redundancy should her AI computer or transmitter fail.
I took it that his wife has a Perdix and likey has a transmitter to monitor her own air already? So, no more than a few minutes to set up!

Joneill thanks for the tip that it’s already there. I had read that part of the manual - but I missed the practical application of what the technical stuff was telling me. (Now if it had said something like “buddy monitoring”...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom