Rescue course: where and how much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeina

Contributor
Reaction score
I am AOW / Nitrox. I feel that getting a Rescue certification would be both useful and interesting :)

Any comments on the Rescue course would be welcome :ears:

What would be the approximate cost for this course, knowing that I haven't done Medic First Aid yet (so I would need to combine them)?

Any recommended LDS in the Philly area?

Thanks!!

Why not give them all a call and compare prices, then go in and meet the instructor that will be doing the course, see if you like them, check there Qualifications to ensure you are happy with them, find some ex students of said instructor and chat with them on how they felt about his teaching.

The Rescue course has to be one of the most valuable courses you can take. There are many of us out here on the West Coast who wonder that this course isn't mandatory to take so you can dive on your own.
Of course, I'm sure many low-vis divers feel the same way.

i was checking this topic for last few days, since I also want to take the rescue course. I found out, that PADI has Rescue together with MFA (medic first aid), and SSI does not and calls it Stress and Rescue. Here in Israel, the difference is that SSI Stress and Rescue only is cheaper 3x then PADI MFA and Rescue. I am waiting for NAUI answer.

What do you think guys? Any suggestions?

thanks,
sasha

Padi does not require MFA with rescue, that is probably the LDS you are talking to. Rescue does required that you have taken a sanctioned CPR class in the last 24 months. MFA meets that requirement but it's not required if you can get CPR elsewhere

I usually recommend taking a local red cross CPR class as they are very reasonably priced, sometimes free. Don't know what is available in your neck of the woods.

I charge $180.00 US for the rescue class only.

thanks gedunk,
I got the following prices:
SSI Stress and Rescue - $120 (no VAT, since this is in Eilat, tax free zone)
PADI MFA & Rescue - $320 (this includes 18% VAT, since this is in Tel Aviv).

I will also check the local CPR options as you mentioned.

sasha

dvas once bubbled...
thanks gedunk,
I got the following prices:
SSI Stress and Rescue - $120 (no VAT, since this is in Eilat, tax free zone)
PADI MFA & Rescue - $320 (this includes 18% VAT, since this is in Tel Aviv).

I will also check the local CPR options as you mentioned.

sasha
Your welcome, good luck with your class!

Thanks for your input. I will make a couple of phone calls, and definitely go for the rescue class :doctor: ... That will make me an even better buddy :D

Also, special thanks to Gedunk!! :)
I did not know about the MFA/CPR thing.
CPR, here we come...

Zeina

Don't tell Padi i told ya and have a great class!:)

Back
Top Bottom