rescue swimmers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert Pirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey guys, there was a post not to long ago were somebody posted the requirements the CGRS have to meet. My dive team leader was curious about those, and I cant find it posted anywere, ive even tried the archives. can anyone give me any advice. The reason being is we had a deer hunter fall from a tree and shattered his pelvis bone, he was on an island and because it was dark the sherrif wouldnt allow us to launch our jet boat. My team leader wanted to swim the river and rig a rope that we could use to shuttle the victim. We were told to stay out of the water, for saftey reasons. What He wants to do is set some sort of minimum standard so that the sherrif will have faith in the tasks we want to approach. Atleast it would give us a starting point.
Clay :coffee:

Swiming the river at night? Hummm. Not a real great idea IMHO. A boat with lights, maybe but not swiming.
Id call the coasties and just ask.
Good luck

Wildcard:
Swiming the river at night? Hummm. Not a real great idea IMHO. A boat with lights, maybe but not swiming.
Id call the coasties and just ask.
Good luck
I agree.

If possible get someone to the island to stabilize the victim and stay with them until it's safe to remove him.

Another option is call a close military rescue unit. They are normally willing to help if asked.

Gary D.

I have the Manual your looking for. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you. It's 137 pg .pdf file.

Desert Pirate:
hey guys, there was a post not to long ago were somebody posted the requirements the CGRS have to meet. My dive team leader was curious about those, and I cant find it posted anywere, ive even tried the archives. can anyone give me any advice. The reason being is we had a deer hunter fall from a tree and shattered his pelvis bone, he was on an island and because it was dark the sherrif wouldnt allow us to launch our jet boat. My team leader wanted to swim the river and rig a rope that we could use to shuttle the victim. We were told to stay out of the water, for saftey reasons. What He wants to do is set some sort of minimum standard so that the sherrif will have faith in the tasks we want to approach. Atleast it would give us a starting point.
Clay :coffee:

http://www.uscg.mil/ccs/cit/cim/directives/CIM/CIM_3710_4B.pdf

http://www.uscg.mil/history/USCG_Rescue_Swimmer_History.html

Back
Top Bottom