Reservation needed? Help!(where to stay in bohol?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey

Me, my sister and my 3 cousins decided to visit bohol this february(22th feb to 1th march). I was contacting to some diveshops & guesthouses/hotels there to make reservation but I had to take care of an important thing suddenly and I couldn't finish the reservation. :shakehead:

Now I've got some time. I contacted the resorts again but most of the resorts we really wanted to stay are already fully booked. We're 5 people, all of us are students, 2 of us are even minors so we prefer to stay together if it's possible. We wanted a big bungalow(or a room) but in case it's not an option, 2 rooms are fine with us also.
Well we don't want any luxurious thing really, basic room with aircon would be just fine with us. So.. if anyone knows a decent place to stay.. please let me know! A bungalow or a big room that can accomodate all 5 of us would be ideal! :blinking: (we're willing to pay some more money if it's possible. isis bungalow is a great place, a cheap place with sea view, but it's already booked..)

Also, I am a qualified diver but rest of my companies are non divers yet. They're planning to get their first licenses this time. So.. 4 of us are going to take OW course. I thought it's probably okay to find local dive shops when we get there, but it seems that alona beach will be full of divers at that time. Reservation for OW course for my companies and my fun dive is really necessary?

So... :D my questions will be

1. Decent place to stay for 4-5days in panglao island? near alona beach.
A big bungalow or a big room that can accomodate 5 people together would be great, in case it's not possible 2 rooms would be nice also. We're not so rich student-travellers.

2. Reservation for OW course for 4 people and fun dives for myself is necessary if we're planning to visit bohol in february?

Thanks !!

are you based in the Philippines or overseas? wherever you are, i suggest that your companions get certified first before going to bohol. it really doesnt matter if they get certified in bohol or elsewhere since they will be too busy to enjoy the dives while getting certified. once they are certified, you will be diving together as a group in bohol and maybe get discounts on diving. it will be less fun and maybe more expensive if you are to be diving alone while your companions get certified. it will also be more enjoyable for them if they get to to fun dives there instead of being too busy with certification.

jigo// We aren't based in the PI. The problem is that they don't have enough time to get their diver's certification before coming to the PI and it's way expensive here I guess.. Well.. after they get their dive licenses, i'll finally have someone to dive with :)

Just a thought - get your friends to do the online PADI component. They will at least get in the water more quickly that way and take the training down a couple of days. I did the Nitrox online last year at is was really well laid out - like watching a DVD. Well worthwhile and saves the trees in terms of the book you won't read again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom