Resorts for Divers with Disability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoCo view is fairly accessible, few issues but nothing that cannot be overcome. inifinity Bay is better equipped and is fully accessible, just checked them out yesterday. Depends on whether you want secluded resort (Coco View) or mainstream on the edge of the West Bay action (InfinitY) with a fully accessible huge beach.

Contact Diveheart for more general information, also. Look for their Facebook page. Diveheart has "prepared" several resorts and boats. Including trained HSA buddies as local divemasters.

Also, Some of us are currently assembling a cloud database for divers with adaptive needs to help,ensure this does not happen when they try to travel mainstream and not require a facilitation agency such as Diveheart, Achilles Divers, Eels on Wheels, etc to travel along. W

With more specific destination info., I/we can recommend locations globally for not only the diving operations but also the Accomodations and local transportation. Our pilot non-USA located program is just being established in the next few weeks.

for,example, I am in Roatan currently checking out dive operation/resort compatibility for adaptive needs.

Operations leading in this are in Cozumel, key Largo, cayman, Bonaire, and a couple of others. Don't overlook the rest of the local factors.
Mike -
I'm attempting the same at www. divingwithoutfins.com . You interested in combining efforts?
Torsten

Hi,

Anywhere ? Seen a disabled waist down diver at Coraya Bay, Red Sea, Egypt ( 10 minutes drive from Marsa Alam airport ) diving with Coraya Divers he was heaved from his wheelchair by the friendly attendants at the pontoon on to the speedboat and off they went together with other divers. Would recommend to stay at the Sol y Mar Solaya for easy access to the base 20 yards away , from the base its another 200 yards to the pontoon. He can do this trip all on his own, trust me.
September and October are a good time to go, the sea is still warm from the Summer heat 30 - 29 degree Celsius, day temp still hot 35 - 30, nights 30 - 28 and there is a good holiday atmosphere about. google Madinat Coraya for hotel details.

Just wanted to add I have been staying at the Dar El Madina ( second row 500 yards to the base ) Iberotel Samaya closest to the pontoon but on a small plateau and Solaya which is in the best location ( also for non-wheelchair users ) Have not been to the Lamaya also on the plateau and also not been to the Iberotel Coraya on the other side of the bay 1000 yards away on the promenade and again on a plateau and I wouldn't consider it to be practical. The promenade is solid and runs along the bay. The internal drive way is also solid tarmac.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom