Review: Whites Fusion Drysuit - say goodbye to cave cut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having actually replaced a neck seal during a drysuit repair class by Whites, I can pass on from experience that replacing the neck seal using the heat activated adhesive is actually rather easy. And the resulting install is as secure as the original.

All the best, James

The White's website says the suit is not compatible with dry glove rings, but some folks seem to be using them. Can anyone clarify please?

I have the SI Tech gloves on my fusion and really like how easy they installed on the suit. They are also very easy to get on and off by yourself.

Regards

Thanks. I wonder why they say it is incompatible with dry glove rings on their site then?

DRIS - do you mean that you got Fusion suits factory installed with the permanent dry gloves?

Anyone got any pictures of the Fusion with dry gloves on?

Thanks.

Yup....I actually have one being returned with a mini p-valve and the dry gloves on it....should be back any day...customer didnt like the fit.....Its a L/XL if your looking for a great suit, I need to unload it......It has 3 dives on it....

The nice thing about the perm. dry gloves, you can take them off, but the rings are permantently attached. WIth that, if you bust a wrist seal, you can pull it out and field replace, then put back in....nice feature :wink:

I can take pics when I get that one back....

I believe they mean the Fusion is not compatible with suit-mounted dry glove rings (which, if you think about it, makes sense, since you'd have to mount to the bilaminate material, and it's underneath the Lycra). It is completely compatible with seal-mounted dry glove rings, like the Viking bayonet system. That's what I use, and the Fusion is ideal for it, because the wrist seals on the suit are heavier duty that some other manufacturers use.

You can have permanently mounted drygloves installed on the fusion...not just rings or bayonets...That is how you can change the wrist seals out if you tear one. You just pull out the wrist seal, plug in a new one, and go back to diving.....I will get pics up for ya when I get it back :wink:

I can't think of any reason the Fusion would not work with a set of rings that mount in the dry suit wrist seal, as long as the sleeve in the suit is large enough in diameter to let you turn the sleeve inside out and install the ring from the "inside" like you would in any other dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom