Trip Report Revillagigedos on the Nautilus Explorer, May 24-June 1, 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be still, my heart...Look at those mantas! <3 :daydream:

I will forever tell my employer that I am off the grid and at sea without internet access when on liveaboards, even when there is. :D I do travel with my work laptop for work before/after/while on land, etc., but I have no interest in doing it while on a liveaboard unless absolutely necessary and it never has been.

I spend most of my time diving off liveaboards each year and most of the liveaboards I have been on average about 14-16 divers for the entire boat. I went on a boat to Tubbataha which accommodated 32 divers. It was a huge boat and the one comment I frequently received or was asked with much concern was about the number of divers on a boat. Honestly, on the right boat that is big enough, the space-per-diver is still proportional to a smaller boat and with good management/eperience on the timing and place of the drop-ins, I, too, did not run into another group of divers on dives, even from our own boat. The only exception was when there was a whale shark in the water. :) Thanks for sharing your experiences and the photos! Soc is on my list but I have such a difficult time breaking myself from my serial diving ways in Raja Ampat. I keep saying next year, next year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom