rEvo - O2 at more than 100 m ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raf BE

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
Once bellow 100 m, to keep the cmf working (during ascent) I used to plug one BO on the MAV to keep PPO2.
I was just wondering if someone tried to connect the MAV with 100 % 02 from a BO or carrying an extra small tank ?

If someone did it how comfortable is it as I assume you should be very "light" when pushing the manual injection ;-)

Tx

Rgds

Hi,
no personal experience, but instructor gave me his advice for that situation:

Connect 100% O2 to MAV.
Open tank then close tank. Now the hose is filled with O2.
Press MAV button.

Or just change it to ECCR operation for sub 100M dives??

Or just change it to ECCR operation for sub 100M dives??
The problem is that the solenoid doubles as the orifice. This is fed from the second LP take off on the fixed IP O2 reg. Beyond 120m(?) this regulator stops working even for manual O2 addition (from the first LP take off)

Hence you need a second O2 cylinder with a "normal" regulator, but that cannot be connected to the orifice/solenoid as the absolute pressure will be greater therefore the amount of O2 pumped through the orifice will be higher. Therefore it has to be connected to the offboard MAV.

Hi all,
Once bellow 100 m, to keep the cmf working (during ascent) I used to plug one BO on the MAV to keep PPO2.
I was just wondering if someone tried to connect the MAV with 100 % 02 from a BO or carrying an extra small tank ?

If someone did it how comfortable is it as I assume you should be very "light" when pushing the manual injection ;-)

Tx

Rgds

Yes, I use a second, dedicated small O2 cylinder connected to the off board port on the MAV.

I like that it give me a second, redundant "ready-to-go" source of O2 for deeper dives.

But, I also know people who either convert their units to ECCR or use a bailout cylinder with appropriate PO2 connected to the MAV.

IMG_1556.JPG

- brett

Convert to ECCR plug the CMF and remove the oxygen first stage cap turning it into a normal regulator.

Back
Top Bottom