Ribet...ribet...ribet...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I FINALLY got my very own Frog Fish picture Pedro found this guy yesterday morning with his group! I took nitrox students out yesterday afternoon with Pedro and his group...and he found him for us again!!! He's so ugly he's cute!

30408_1126115961_Frogfish%201.jpg

Oly 5050, Ikelite housing, 1/125, f 8.0, internal flash

and another view

30408_1126115961_Frog%20fish%202.jpg

Oly 5050, Ikelite housing, 1/125, f8.0, DS-125, 1/4 power

I have a few others I'll share once I get them uploaded! This was the 4th dive on my cmaera batteries (forgot to change them before I got on the boat) and by the time we got to this guy, batteries were so low I couldn't adjust any settings...so they aren't the best pics...but I got him!

Good eyes Pedro! I've seen them in Hawaii, but have still to see one in Coz.

Nice shot Christi! it's tough when they are the same color as their background. Funny lookin' critters, just let's you know God has a sence of humor.

where were you at? and about what depth? the one's I've seen have always been in fairly shallow water.

I hate to bring this up, but did Christi ask you to edit her photos or did you ask her before you did this? It's generally not considered good photographer etiquette to edit someone else's photos without their permission. If she did ask or you already checked with her, then forget I said anything! :)

Good job on the frogfish, girl--make sure and keep tabs on it until November, ok? :wink:

cxg31s:
I hate to bring this up, but did Christi ask you to edit her photos or did you ask her before you did this? It's generally not considered good photographer etiquette to edit someone else's photos without their permission. If she did ask or you already checked with her, then forget I said anything! :)
Nope, she didn't ask. To keep from offending her (or you), I'll go back and remove it.

Charlie99:
Nope, she didn't ask. To keep from offending her (or you), I'll go back and remove it.

Hi Charley,

I appreciate the gesture and I didn't see your edited version.

However, I am one of those non photo shop believers. I have pretty strong opinions about photos that are manipulated by computer technology. there are photographers, and then there are photo shop experts.

If I can't get the shot and learn how to take quality photos (which I AM still learning this camera system), then I don't feel right about manipulating it in photoshop...that wouldn't give me any incentive to work on my photography skills either :)

The only thing I use photo shop for is cropping and resizing...occasionally I will use the black and white feature just to see what it would look like in black and white.

I do appreciate the gesture though :) I know it was well intended.

Charlie99:

No worries mate, I know you were just trying to help and Christi probably welcomes feedback on her photos. I just wanted to bring up an issue that frequently comes up on photography boards about editing other people's photos without permission--most people aren't aware of this "etiquette" issue.

As a sidenote, since you obviously know more about Photoshop than I do, I might be asking for your help with a few of my shots! :)

Great shot. I always look for them and scorpion fish here but I've yet to see antennarius. (sp?) I saw them in the Philippines in strong current areas....like Cozumel I guess. Are they here too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom