Richelieu Rock question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MoonWrasse:
The boats to Similans leave from near Khao Lak. You get to ride in a minibus for 90 minutes first.QUOTE]

Yup,

Quite a few liveaboard boats are still using Thap Lamu port for departure as it saves a huge amount of sailing time and diesel. For Richelieu there is a one off trip from 10 -12 April on South Siam 4 (3 days /2 nights), otherwise a huge number of 4 day trips which include Richelieu.

Thanks everyone! I will pop in to see sunrise i think. He is near where I am staying. Sunrise, I want to go after the 20 as I have only 5 nights in my hotel. I thought a LAB for 3 days 2 nights then back to Kata for the rest of my stay. I would like to see Richelieu and similans but if that can not be done I will chat with you when I get there.

I've been on four liveaboard trips and still think that Richilieu Rock has the best diving in the area short of an excursion to Myanmur

RSdiver:
I've been on four liveaboard trips and still think that Richilieu Rock has the best diving in the area short of an excursion to Myanmur

I never got there!. Done a couple of dives ar PHI PHI maya bay. then the next day I was walking along the road and my foot went down one of those drains and I cut my leg really bad on both sides. Was layed up for a couple of days and was told not to swim. So I spent the rest of the holiday fishing and watching other dive. Boo Hoo! So I will just have to go back next year and try again. YIPPEE. The diving boats should all be up and running by that time. Thanks for all the tips.

Dangerous Brian:
I never got there!. Done a couple of dives ar PHI PHI maya bay. then the next day I was walking along the road and my foot went down one of those drains and I cut my leg really bad on both sides. Was layed up for a couple of days and was told not to swim. So I spent the rest of the holiday fishing and watching other dive. Boo Hoo! So I will just have to go back next year and try again. YIPPEE. The diving boats should all be up and running by that time. Thanks for all the tips.
Sorry to hear about the leg accident - I've had many nightmares about doing that and breaking a leg that way or running into the live wires which dangle around the country.
Fortunately I've not had any such accidents - yet :wink:

Dangerous Brian:
I never got there!. Done a couple of dives ar PHI PHI maya bay.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get to do any other diving on your trip. Here are a couple of pics to remember the trip. Thanks for being a good dive buddy. The Similans were great.

steve.JPG

Sunset.JPG

Hi Tecp. I am going to go back next year. One of the people I met has invited me over Next Feb to Chang Mai for the sokran (cant spell it) festival. I missed it this year by a week. take a look at www.seabubble.co.uk and click on the photo tabs. I am still trying to get my main website back up but having trouble with the service provider.

Dangerous Brian:
Hi Tecp. I am going to go back next year. One of the people I met has invited me over Next Feb to Chang Mai for the sokran (cant spell it) festival. I missed it this year by a week. take a look at www.seabubble.co.uk and click on the photo tabs. I am still trying to get my main website back up but having trouble with the service provider.

Songkran is actually my worst (least desireable) Thai festival as the younger generation is getting very aggressive throwing water.
But, you got to see it for yourself...

As said above - day trips are possible to Richielieu Rock but involve 1.5+ hour drive from/to the Kata area to Thap Lamu.
If you don't mind 3+ hours travelling (hey, it is Thai time!) then it is well worth the diving.

Back
Top Bottom