Rig Trip 9/19/04 Wolf Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wsparks

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, I just noticed last week that twobittxn PM'd me for a trip report. Considering my log book is atrocious (I'm trying to get better on this). I pieced this trip report together from memory and notes on my slate (at the sametime I actually logged the dives in my log book)...

9/19/04 3 Tank Dive with Wolf’s Charters, Boat Name Sasha, 28ft Cat.
Conditions: Out Trip
2-3ft waves, Partly Cloudy – beautiful day for diving
Boat supplied bottled water, Gatorade and Ice Chest for our lunches.

Depart Freeport 7:00am
Return Freeport 7:00pm

Arrive 1st Oil Rig, SH-BA-A19-D 9:30am for two dives
No Current at surface, slight current below 30ft, Visibility was great above 93ft, approx 100ft, below 93ft visibility was reduced to approx 40 feet. Bottom is at 130ft.

I’ve seen more fish life at the Oil Rigs before, but there was some huge Angelfish hanging around. What I enjoyed the most was the coral and other plant life decorating the rig’s structure. (this part would have been more descriptive if I didn’t wait a month before logging the dives)

Left A19 1:30pm
Arrive BA 538 2:15pm
Less visibility than A19 about 60ft and less animal life, but again some big Angelfish…
Don’t know about the visibility below 64 feet as this was the deepest I went.

The return trip back to Freeport was the worst part of this dive as the waves picked up to 3-5ft. When the 5 footers hit it made me wish I was in a bigger boat.

Overall this was a good trip and a trip that I would make again….Capt Wolf and his DM (sorry, forgot name) was very professional and helped with removing equip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom