RIP Rob Stewart!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Save Foundation

Contributor
Reaction score
"I remember reviewing Rob Stewart's still photography portfolio at the first NANPA he attended. He was wide-eyed and new to the idea that images could stand witness to challenges, and eventually effect change. He was very intrigued with my stories about Cocos Island and the poaching and finning that we documented there in the early 90's. His breakout film "Sharkwater" enlightened many people about the island, the plight of sharks and the underbelly of the poaching industry. Rest In Power Rob Stewart. Thanks for helping the cause by shedding much light on this critical issue."

Georgienne Bradley
Director
Sea Save Foundation
rob-stewart-biography.jpg

Reactions: mdb
It's such a tragedy...i still can't really believe it. I was honoured to meet him a few times, and helped him film some of the Fin Free campaign stuff in Toronto. He was a real hero...they're so rare...so sad. He raised so much consciousness about shark finning - before Sharkwater it was a completely unknown topic. So sad that they didn't call it after 2 dives...shows once again that when you push boundaries in such an extreme area of the sport (deep/trimix/rebreather) any mistake or miscalculation can be fatal. Rest in Peace Rob....we'll keep spreading your message and fighting the fight.

It's such a tragedy...i still can't really believe it. I was honoured to meet him a few times, and helped him film some of the Fin Free campaign stuff in Toronto. He was a real hero...they're so rare...so sad. He raised so much consciousness about shark finning - before Sharkwater it was a completely unknown topic. So sad that they didn't call it after 2 dives...shows once again that when you push boundaries in such an extreme area of the sport (deep/trimix/rebreather) any mistake or miscalculation can be fatal. Rest in Peace Rob....we'll keep spreading your message and fighting the fight.
We agree! Very sad to see one of the best gone but like you said we'll keep fighting the fight!

Reactions: mdb

Back
Top Bottom