Riptide Zone Bc - Great Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THX1138

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Alright, while this Board is often about the problems scuba divers have with manufacturers, this is not such a posting. I had a minor problem, my own fault, with my RIPTIDE ZONE BCD. I wish they had more LDS dealers, but I just want to say that the corporate side, i.e. the manufacturing/distribution side, was fantastic.

The Riptide BCD distribution is now part of the "UTC Sports Inc." group out of Canada. Their customer service could not have been more helpful. I love the BCD, and I am sold on their after sale service. (Thanks Linda)

Their internet site is www.diveutc.com

No worries here. John

Big question though. :hmmm:

Has anyone actually tried Zone II with doubles, hopefully steel ones?

I know a couple of guys that dive Nautilus with doubles on regular basis. They are advocating using doubles with the Nautilus and not the Zone only because of the redudant bladder system that is installed on nautilus and is missing or rather wasn't designed for Zone II. Besides everyone also seems to be in the agreement that Zone II is built tough enough to hold the doubles.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Anyone?

I'd like to resurect this one.

Has anyone actually tried Zone II with doubles?

I courrently dive Zone II with a backplate and a Single tank adapter. I use BP and adapter just to remove some weight (8lbs total) from my waist and also injoy some side effect of stability.

I have a Zone II. I just got it and, as you can see, I am a new diver, so I don't have a lot of experience with it. So far, I really like it. It is built really well and compares very favorably to the Zeagle. After reading the posts on Scubaboard, I am looking forward to the opportunity to mount doubles and expand my time under water, but I am no where near ready for that. I will post my comments when I do.

I'd like to resurect this one.

Has anyone actually tried Zone II with doubles?

I courrently dive Zone II with a backplate and a Single tank adapter. I use BP and adapter just to remove some weight (8lbs total) from my waist and also injoy some side effect of stability.

My brother just got a Zone II and is going to use it will HP 100 doubles. I will let you know how it goes.

The Riptide line of BCs has been sold to Omega Aquatics, the same people who bring you the Flip Fins. Dave, the guy who is the brain behind the line, has moved over also

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom