River Dive Trip!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TRUETEXAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I am thinking about trying to put together a dive trip sometime in May or June to the Brazos River in Waco in the Cameron Park area as I have been told by someone in the know that this is a really neat spot to dive and very few people dive there. There are supposed to be some HUGE catfish that hang out there and I have been told exactly where they hide! The water is anywhere from 7-30ft and viz can very from about 8-25ft I am told. This is also a popular swimming and hang out spot during the summer and I am told there are all kinds of interesting things to be found there. I would like to maybe make another spot somewhere within a couple of hours of there to make it a two day trip, and I will probably pull my boat down there so if anyone is interested or has any other ideas let me know!

Please dont take offense, but: Cameron Park, Brazos River, Waco. Lets see, Lake Whitney 3 ft vis. Lake Waco a -1 ft vis, both run together and give you 8 - 25 foot of visability? TrueTexan- I think somebodys rattlin your chain.

Does anyone know anybody in Waco? If you do call them, and find out where this diving mecca is, cause I am IN - if any of this is other than hawg wash.

Hoping to be proved wrong -
Wetone

Yes, count me in too... assuming we figure out where this place is... We could check it out and have another candidate for the Swamp Diver Calendar perhaps?

BubbleSlinger

Particular weekend depending, I'm in on this as well...

And I still have TexasSwampDivingTeam t-shirts available for the new folks who don't have one yet.

I have been to Cameron Park many times, they have the drag boat races there every year, an although I have never dove there I have been in the water there before. When we went there for the boat races it was usually the first weekend of July and most of the time when we were there I would say viz was about 5-10ft, however the persn who told me about diving there lives in Waco and heis the one who told me that for some reason the viz is better in May-June and that it also depends on rainfall. I do not know why this individual would lie to me, but I guess I could call the Brazos River Authority and see if they had any info.

Here in SC the river has better vis than the lakes joining them. The rivers here have the best vis right now. The cold kills most of the plankton but keeps me out the water. So the earlier you can get in the water without it being to cold the better the vis will be. I would expect you may to 20 ft if you are close to the upper dam if there is one. Good luck, Wish I could go.

Back
Top Bottom