River snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stunning pictures, Riversnorkel. Having retired from teaching, I also like the simplicity and impact of the message conveyed in the captions. No wonder the National Geographic wanted the video.

Riversnorkel, I agree with David. I especially like how this was all one scene, with the camera apparently anchored to the bottom so that there was no camera motion. I'll add that the reason rain is needed is that the fish need to move upstream into their spawning beds, which are usually high up in smaller creeks. The bubbles seen in the video probably came from a rapid just upstream, which carried the bubbles deep underwater where they were released from the current to travel up to the surface. I really enjoyed seeing the swimming motions of these fish, as I am very interested in how fish and mammals move through the water. Thanks,

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom