Riveria Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMouery

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Looking to put together a trip to Riveria Maya, and looking for a good all inclusive and dive operator to do ocean and cenote diving. Anybody have any experinces, good or bad.
Thanks,
CMouery

Hi We were in riveria maya in aug. We stayed at Maya Palace we hooked up with a dive op. did some ocean and cenotes diving. The guy who runs it is Great guy named Manuel Pedraza Phone Number 52 984 873 0733. He is also a big time under water photo guy. Good luck

Looking to put together a trip to Riveria Maya, and looking for a good all inclusive and dive operator to do ocean and cenote diving. Anybody have any experinces, good or bad.
Thanks,
CMouery

Here is a recent trip report. Hotel was good hotel for an all-inclusive. dive operator was great. They can help you with transfers and hotel too. Bundle in a day of ruins at Tulum and Coba as well. I am putting together a trip for the Riviera Maya (for my clients) this spring. Happy to share information. Feel free to PM me.

Please read my recent trip report.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/me...laya-del-carmen-11-8-11-16-a.html#post4008052

John

Who was the dive op and what where their boats like?
Thanks

Who was the dive op and what where their boats like?
Thanks

GeoFish Dive Center (www.geofishdive.com).
They had the (standard) 26ish foot panga(s). Commonly seen in Cozumel and throughout Playa. I think they have more than one when needed. In really good shape compared to others I have been on. Clean, well maintained. The guys who run and own the shop are from Denver. They only put 6 customers on their boat so it is not as crowded as some of the other dive operations I saw.

Being a dive professional, I was really impressed with their "Dive Concierge" Service. I found these guys on Scubaboard. They are fairly active. Can't say enough.

As for the All-Inclusive. The Riu was clean and had a great location. Main buffet was good but a bit repetitive. I did remark, if I was bringing a group, it would be a decent hotel to stay at.

Sent email as well.

We've stayed twice in the last year at Riu Palace Riviera Maya. Love it, great property, awesome rooms and use of any of the other 4 Riu's in the area, but no need since none of the others live up to the Palace Riviera Maya.

Dove both times w/ Jason (Playacountryboy) who runs Fantaseadive. Small op, small groups, great personal attention. Did my AOW with him and in May did Coz, local dives and cenotes. It was awesome! He's got a ton of videos posted. I'll dive with him every time I'm down there.

Thanks,
CMouery

Hey Chuck,

I sent you a PM just in case you look at the board before you check your messages. Hope to talk to you soon. I really think we can help you with everything you are looking for. Take care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom