Road Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, my wife and I are planning a road trip to South Carolina to pick up a car body. She came up with the idea to create a vacation out of it by going down to the panhandle of Florida and do a couple of days of diving. This is going to take place around the first week of March. So I was just wondering about the diving around the panhandle at that time.. Any ideas? Thankx

Lots of a great springs to visit, Vortex is always clear. If the water is low Morrison is very natural looking and alotta fun. If you want to jump on a canoe for a short paddle, Cypress is amazing and Becton isn't far from it.

There may be some high tides in which you can dive off the beaches around some of the passes(Destin, PC, ect) and there are lots and lots of charters available for inshore and offshore dives of all sorts.

Water will be in the low-mid 60ºsF and visibility can vary from outstanding to nada in the gulf.

Spring water is 68ºF year round and clear whenever its not flooded :)

I live in Panama City Beach and usually go out with Divers Denon their boat Splash. There are some interesting wreck dives here. There is a navy hover craft just off shore as well as some bridge spans from the old Hathaway Bridge.

I have been diving with Suprbugman in the springs around here and they are a great alternative to the Gulf. Either way your in for a treat! Hope to see you on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom