Roast my itinerary (suggestions please :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subic honestly surprised me. I went expecting murky water in the bay but instead found some great wreck dives. It’s got wrecks from the Spanish American war, ww2, and Vietnam. Honestly just a cool mix of wrecks.
In wet season, it is a pea soup.

AJ Savage is at 70m.

In wet season, it is a pea soup.

AJ Savage is at 70m.
I was there in January. Need to make some time to go back.

"IIRC, Gunter used to be the TDI/SDI guy for the Philippines. Maybe he still is. That gives you confidence that you’ll have a decent time."

Gunter is retired from tec. and pirate divers took over his equipment. They hired the office manager and some of the DMs from Gunter. Dexter in particular was diving with Gunter for ages and knows the wrecks really well and has a great SAC rate and will dive your tanks. There are TWO pirate divers!! (In appropriate pirate style) Here is a link to the "real" pirate divers: https://piratediverscoron.com/

They are not located in Coron town but in the Busuanga Bay Lodge. Gunter's place is just across the Bay and the wrecks are also close (which is why gunter settled there). I stayed at Al Faro, but there are other great accommodations nearby.

There was a great 4 day liveaboard out of Busuaga Bay that headed down to Palawan. You should call Simon at Pirate Divers and see if it is still running. I wish I had had the time to do it.

"IIRC, Gunter used to be the TDI/SDI guy for the Philippines. Maybe he still is. That gives you confidence that you’ll have a decent time."

Gunter is retired from tec. and pirate divers took over his equipment. They hired the office manager and some of the DMs from Gunter. Dexter in particular was diving with Gunter for ages and knows the wrecks really well and has a great SAC rate and will dive your tanks. There are TWO pirate divers!! (In appropriate pirate style) Here is a link to the "real" pirate divers: https://piratediverscoron.com/

They are not located in Coron town but in the Busuanga Bay Lodge. Gunter's place is just across the Bay and the wrecks are also close (which is why gunter settled there). I stayed at Al Faro, but there are other great accommodations nearby.

There was a great 4 day liveaboard out of Busuaga Bay that headed down to Palawan. You should call Simon at Pirate Divers and see if it is still running. I wish I had had the time to do it.
Thanks for this info! I'm now booking with both Gunter and Pirate Divers. 3 days and 4 days of diving.

But Pirate Divers not offering tech. Got this reply today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240427_101510_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240427_101510_WhatsApp.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 6
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom