Roast my itinerary (suggestions please :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure.

Here's for Cabilao Visayas trip report : Cabilao-Alona-Dauin-Moalboal April 18

Here's for my latest stay in Bohol/Panglao

I dived Anda in 2016 as well.
Very disappointting, wouldn't care going back.
Very helpful indeed. Thanks! I’m on the fence with Cabilao. We’ve been told not to bother, and also that it’s worth it. Same with Anda. We may well just go and check them out to decide for ourselves unless we significantly extend our stay in Panglao. We will wait and see :)

And interesting that you also dived with Peter’s Dive Resort in Leyte. We did a liveaboard (Banda Islands and South Raja Ampat) with Pete last year so are really looking forward to diving from his place next month.

I’m on the fence with Cabilao. We’ve been told not to bother, and also that it’s worth it. Same with Anda.
The only factual thing I can report for a comparison is that I managed to get photos diving Cabilao, while very very few in Anda due to the lack of interestness/subjects.

And interesting that you also dived with Peter’s Dive Resort in Leyte. We did a liveaboard (Banda Islands and South Raja Ampat) with Pete....
You might then have your dive requests taken with more attention.
I was quite disappointed with the dive organization for a dive op in the Phils, I also thought that except for deeper Napantao, the sites were quite overrated compared to say Balicasag.

btw you mention Pamilacan in your itinerary, I guess you know it's a regular dive trip from Panglao/Alona, similarly to Balicasag ; no need staying on the island nor on premise. (on the contrary of Anda or Cabilao)

You might then have your dive requests taken with more attention.
I was quite disappointed with the dive organization for a dive op in the Phils, I also thought that except for deeper Napantao, the sites were quite overrated compared to say Balicasag.
Give me Southern Leyte over Balicasag any time.
I am returning next Feb after a recent trip.
Peter's arranged 4 trips over 6 days and every time the gentle giantS were spotted. 100% success! NOT bad at all.

The only company I dove with in Coron was Reggae, unsure if they do technical but they were very good for rec.

I'm looking forward to the TR in Sabang, going there in Jan for my DM.

Who are you diving through in Camiguin?

Dived with Souldivers. Four dives only as have to move on. If i had some time i probably would have done two more only. I’ll leave a TR in another thread.

Your doing your DM in Sabang, PG? There appears to be quite a range of quality in the dive centres there. We’re heading back there next month to dive with Tech Asia.

Dived with Souldivers. Four dives only as have to move on. If i had some time i probably would have done two more only. I’ll leave a TR in another thread.

Your doing your DM in Sabang, PG? There appears to be quite a range of quality in the dive centres there. We’re heading back there next month to dive with Tech Asia.
Yes I'll be learning through Asia Divers there. Most I've heard are good things, and had a great chat with Allison the other night about the course and the shop. Good first impression

Hi all. We’re fortunate enough to have a five month holiday in the Philippines. We’re both experienced divers and here is our rough itinerary. Do you have any suggestions for us?

February and March:
Anilao (completed - trip report posted)
Sabang Puerto Galera (completed - trip report pending)
Dauin/Apo (completed - trip report pending)
Moalboat (completed - trip report pending)
Malapascua (here now)

April and May:
Camaguin
Bohol Anda
Bohol Pangloa
Bohol Balicasag
Bohol Pamilacan
Leyte, Sogod (Pete’s Dive Resort)
Palawan, Tubbataha (Liveaboard)

June
Coron
Any other locations in Palawan to dive?

In addition, does anyone have recommendations for a good technical diving operator in Coron?

Many thanks in advance :)
Are you refer the dive in boracay? Please reach me on my WhatsApp +639382364192 I am working at fisheye divers

I think that Cabilao is worth a few dives. I dove it a few times when I lived in Alona. Anda didn’t do much for me, which seems to be the consensus of others here as well. I actually like the drive from Tagbilaran to Anda though. It’s pleasant on a scooter. You can also take a ferry from Jagna to Camiguin easily.

In Coron, I didn’t have a positive experience with Neptune; however, they do offer technical diving. I watched a divemaster take brand new (<10 dives) divers inside a wreck. They all got lost and came back with stories of silt and being unable to see. The wrecks in Coron are some of my favorites though and I still need to go back and spend some more weeks there. Oh, avoid the ferry from Manila to Coron. It’s a nightmare.

Another place with tech diving that I enjoyed is Subic/Olongapo. I had a positive experience with Arizona dive shop.

I am going to head back to Malapascua again. I’ve been there several times and still haven’t seen a thresher shark! I’m starting to think that I am a thresher shark repellent.

I think that Cabilao is worth a few dives. I dove it a few times when I lived in Alona. Anda didn’t do much for me, which seems to be the consensus of others here as well. I actually like the drive from Tagbilaran to Anda though. It’s pleasant on a scooter. You can also take a ferry from Jagna to Camiguin easily.

In Coron, I didn’t have a positive experience with Neptune; however, they do offer technical diving. I watched a divemaster take brand new (<10 dives) divers inside a wreck. They all got lost and came back with stories of silt and being unable to see. The wrecks in Coron are some of my favorites though and I still need to go back and spend some more weeks there. Oh, avoid the ferry from Manila to Coron. It’s a nightmare.

Another place with tech diving that I enjoyed is Subic/Olongapo. I had a positive experience with Arizona dive shop.

I am going to head back to Malapascua again. I’ve been there several times and still haven’t seen a thresher shark! I’m starting to think that I am a thresher shark repellent.

Can I ask when it was you dived Calibao? I'm in Panglao now. May skip Calibao.

Going to give Anda a go. Will report back

Have just booked in with Gunter at ddivers. He seems like a good guy for Coron.

Did you dive for Threshers pre Covid? They have moved from Monad Shoal to Kimud Shoal. Sightings now pretty much guaranteed. My first thresher sighting was during descent on first dive👍

Thanks for Subic tips

Can I ask when it was you dived Calibao? I'm in Panglao now. May skip Calibao.

Going to give Anda a go. Will report back

Have just booked in with Gunter at ddivers. He seems like a good guy for Coron.

Did you dive for Threshers pre Covid? They have moved from Monad Shoal to Kimud Shoal. Sightings now pretty much guaranteed. My first thresher sighting was during descent on first dive👍

Thanks for Subic tips
Cabilao was all pre-pandemic. I waved at the island while I was on the ferry a few months ago; however, didn’t have a chance to get out to Cabilao.

Malapascua has been multiple trips. Most recent was 2022. With my earliest trip there back in 2015-or 2016. One of these days I will see one. Fairly certain that I dove something besides Monad shoal on my most recent trip. Maybe it was Kimud.

IIRC, Gunter used to be the TDI/SDI guy for the Philippines. Maybe he still is. That gives you confidence that you’ll have a decent time.

Subic honestly surprised me. I went expecting murky water in the bay but instead found some great wreck dives. It’s got wrecks from the Spanish American war, ww2, and Vietnam. Honestly just a cool mix of wrecks.

Someone has mentioned recently that Gunther has retired from tec dive. Pity.
I believe he was IANTD trained in the beginning. Dived with him yrs ago. He had link with Asia Divers in Sabang back in those early day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom