roatan- arco iris, las orchideas, seabreeze?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwan

Registered
Reaction score
looking at the studios at posada arco iris, posada las orchideas, and at seabreeze inn, also coconut tree cabins... anyone stay there before? is arco iris really dark (looks like from pictures...)? and how's the walk in the dark for posada las orchideas? how's the noise level at all of these? thank you so much, need to book soon! which dive operator is willing to go to farther sites on their fun dives? thanks!

Last edited:
Arco Iris is behind the Argentinian Grille. So you'd likely get a little noise from that. But most of the property is a little farther away. So it's probably pretty quiet. The main road along Half Moon Bay is just on the other side of the Grille. Sundowners bar is just across the street and Woody's Market is about 100' away - it's the better of the two West End markets. Coconut Tree Divers is a short walk the other way. I recommend them, they're fun and very accommodating. The "busier" part of the West End starts past CTD. So it's quieter in the Arco Iris area.

We rented a house just a little west of Posada Los Orchideas. So walked it every day/night after dinner. It's dark but there are house lights and also lights along the path owned by the various properties. I took a flashlight but didn't use it after the 1st night. There's also a cut-through to that isn't shown on the map, once you find it, it shortens the walk slightly. It is a good 5-10 min. walk to PLO though, not 150' as they claim. It's really quiet out there, all you hear are the waves and occasional rain forest noise. Unless the power fails then you hear the generators slightly.

I had no hesitation about walking it at night, most times you didn't even pass anyone. We did have a permanent watchman provided by our property mgr., he mostly made sure the generator stayed on and that our stuff stayed put. So there might be a little crime in that area - saw no actual indication of it though.

Last edited:
I only know the Posada Arco Iris. We stayed there January and are doing so again in a couple weeks. I'm not sure what you mean by dark. The Arco Iris is amongst the trees, so it is shady, which kept our room cool. We basically never used the AC. I didn't notice noise from the Argentinean Grill, but maybe if you were in a room closer to it you would.

I would also recommend Coconut Tree Divers, we dove with them in January and will do so again on our next trip. We went to 15 different sites in 15 dives ranging from the tip of the island to a ways back past Half Moon Bay the other way.

Coconut Tree Divers - PADI 5-Star IDC Dive Resort on Roatan, Honduras - scuba diving courses, divemaster internships, instructor development, tec diving, and more!

I have stayed at both Posada's and they are both nice. I actually liked the Arco Iris better because it is closer to the dive shop, store, and restaurants and had a treehouse kind of feel with mature landscaping. We really liked being up on the second floor. I would recommend being as high as you can wherever you stay. Fewer bugs and cooler.

Not enough noise to ever bother my wife and I, but then we were either dead tired from diving all day or out among the noisemakers until late at night.

The Orqedias (sp?) is very quiet and tranquil and the walk is not bad at all. Possibly better for someone who intends to spend a lot of time reading and relaxing in rooms with a nice ocean breeze.

I would stay at both again (soon I hope) but would probably prefer the Arco Iris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom