Rob Stewart Investigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The suit would never have been prevented. The parents knew of his certifications well before filing the suit. I barely speak to my father and he knows of all my certifications.

“Another interesting revelation in these latest documents is the allegation that Stewart failed to disclose a pre-existing medical condition—a predisposition to black out. He talks about it in his book Save the Humans, but according to a court filing by Sotis, never bothered to mention that in his medical release when he began training, “Robert Stewart, either in whole or in part, caused the injury, incident and damages alleged… by knowingly failing to disclose pre-existing medical conditions that rendered him unfit for the commercial dive operation he was engaged in at the time of his death on three separate Medical Questionnaires administered to him by SOTIS and ADD HELIUM LLC.””

Huh. Stewart lied on his medical. That could never have been predicted.

Regrettably, I have to announce that the distribution of my book "The Third Dive" has been postponed until November 10th. Apparently the books are sitting in a warehouse but there has been a snafu on the process of getting them out. For those who pre-ordered, my apologies. In the meantime, I have been keeping busy (aside from teaching) writing the occasional article. Here's my latest in X-Ray.

Who was really responsible for the death of Rob Stewart?

Regrettably, I have to announce that the distribution of my book "The Third Dive" has been postponed until November 10th. Apparently the books are sitting in a warehouse but there has been a snafu on the process of getting them out. For those who pre-ordered, my apologies. In the meantime, I have been keeping busy (aside from teaching) writing the occasional article. Here's my latest in X-Ray.

Who was really responsible for the death of Rob Stewart?
Actually if that information was publically available, didn't Sotis have a duty to deny Stewart training on the rEvo? All Sotis had to do was a 10 minute Google Search just like you did. Stewart was a public figure and the information was publically available. The facts that he was trained on different units doesn't mean that Stewart could skip Mod 1 on the rEvo.

Actually if that information was publically available, didn't Sotis have a duty to deny Stewart training on the rEvo? All Sotis had to do was a 10 minute Google Search just like you did. Stewart was a public figure and the information was publically available. The facts that he was trained on different units doesn't mean that Stewart could skip Mod 1 on the rEvo.
Who did that 10 minute google search? Yes, the information that lead to the knowledge that Stewart lied on his medical is in the public domain. It took 3 years for that to come to light. Have you read Stewart’s book? Has anyone you knew ever read Stewart’s book? Do you think Training agencies give up information freely to authors? I believe it was here in this thread that a SB user finally got Stewart’s instructor info out of TDI.

You have to be looking if you want to find things.

So now we have to Google search our students to make sure they’re not lying on their medical forms? Really ? Lol

I hadn’t heard that he “skipped mod 1” on the Revo. I thought Sotis had done his initial Revo training.

I hadn’t heard that he “skipped mod 1” on the Revo. I thought Sotis had done his initial Revo training.
I had not heard that either. In fact, I’m pretty sure he had completed mod 1 and was in mod 2. And Sotis has his card issued but had not given it to him. Not a strange circumstance by any means.

With all his certifications and qualifications he technically probably only had to do a crossover course on the Revo, He was already a full trimix diver and instructor.

Back
Top Bottom