Rock boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I size my DUI rock boots one size up from my normal shoe size to fit over my dry suit soft socks.

I have found that DUI rock boots are very roomy in terms of width but do not compensate accordingly in terms of length.

I think ymmv depending on make and model of rock boots.

Fin size has to accommodate not only the length but the added width as well.

For me, size 11 DUI rock boots go with size XL Hollis bat fins.

Hope you don't mind if I piggyback on this thread. I'm considering the Converse shoes. I've heard that they run big, so maybe I can order a pair just one size up (Nova with neoprene socks). But what I really want is ease of donning/doffing. Has anyone replaced the Converse laces with bungee? What about the tongue. Would it make sense to cut it out? Or is there a better option for easy on/off?

...Interestingly enough, I replaced my DUI rock boots laces with bungee exactly for that reason and it works great. I don't cross lace the bungee, just snake it up the lace holes. I use a spring cord lock at the top end and wrap the excess bungee around my ankle. Works perfect.

I also use Altimas and find that they have held up much better then the EVOs. It also depends on the drysuit sock, my old Whites had a thin fabric sock, but the Santi has a stiffer neoprene sock, so with the Altimas, I normally wear an 11 street shoe, but a 14 on the rock boot.

@Litefoot , I wouldn't cut the tongue out. It's protection between the laces and socks. Probably keeps a bit of sand out too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom