Rockport Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Norberto:
I am not sure,but I've seen some divers diving from the shore last weekend.There is not much boat traffic this time of year.

The dude at The Boathouse must have been away then, I'm told he requested that the township council push a bylaw forbidding shore diving from the area.

I think Jeff at Rockport Dive Center can take you there on his boat... no idea what is fee is though.

Kaos:
The dude at The Boathouse must have been away then, I'm told he requested that the township council push a bylaw forbidding shore diving from the area.

I think Jeff at Rockport Dive Center can take you there on his boat... no idea what is fee is though.

I still really want to know about shore access for the wall!

You can launch your dive boat, from the ramp, just like all the local fishermen do.
They just don't want shore diving from the boat ramp.
It's a safety hazzard, tour boats and fishing boats are in close proximatey.
There is a lot of boat traffic during the tourist season, and it blocks the ramp for launching and retreaving boats.

Parking is another matter. I beleive the lot is privately owned.
Although after Thanksgiving they roll up the side walks in Rockport, it's like a ghost town now.

Mike D

Count ODI:
Let me re-phrase that: Boat ramp access to the wall

mddolson:
You can launch your dive boat, from the ramp, just like all the local fishermen do.
They just don't want shore diving from the boat ramp.
It's a safety hazzard, tour boats and fishing boats are in close proximatey.
There is a lot of boat traffic during the tourist season, and it blocks the ramp for launching and retreaving boats.

Parking is another matter. I beleive the lot is privately owned.
Although after Thanksgiving they roll up the side walks in Rockport, it's like a ghost town now.

Mike D

I can understand during the tourist season May 24 - Labour day not using the boat ramp or perhaps until after Thanksgiving when the boat traffic drops. So what about now? Is there a by-law in force right now? Is there another entry point? Is there another area to park cars while you are conducting your dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom