Rockport Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreeFloat:
Which one? The most recent - no idea whose - uses a good portion of industrial tie-down (white nylon tape). While I agree it could be far tighter and have more points, it's a far cry from spaghetti. Admittedly, the remnants of several other efforts are still billowing and tangling in the current.......

Have you tried coming out on the line with no mask & no lights? That's the real test of properly laid line.

Kevin Ripley:
Have you tried coming out on the line with no mask & no lights? That's the real test of properly laid line.
Hehehe That does sound fun.

Granted! By that standard, almost no lines I've ever seen have been laid "properly". You're right, I know better, and should have thought of that myself.*
OKay: I revise my statement to say that for visual line following, the Gaskin line (and some others) are quite adequate and appropriate.

* Like the gap I ran a couple of weeks ago, you could follow that blindfolded in a siltout.

Saw the last few feet of the line (at the wreck end) last weekend. Dropped of a boat and hit bottom down current :( of the wreck. Fortunately we quickly spotted the line and followed it up current to the wreck. Due to the extra work of swimming against the current, air consumption was a up and bottom time thus limited, but we really enjoyed what we did have time to see and plan to return (nitrox cert and bigger tnaks are high on hte wish list).

Groundhog246:
Saw the last few feet of the line (at the wreck end) last weekend. Dropped of a boat and hit bottom down current :( of the wreck. Fortunately we quickly spotted the line and followed it up current to the wreck. Due to the extra work of swimming against the current, air consumption was a up and bottom time thus limited, but we really enjoyed what we did have time to see and plan to return (nitrox cert and bigger tnaks are high on hte wish list).
Different line. The line to shore is off the bow (upriver) of the wreck.

Ah. Sure am glad there was one off the stern also then. Guess I'll have to go explore again to see the line from the shore. Life is just full of hardships. :)

Dived the Kinghorn twice today. This was my first time there and I must say that the line leading to the wreck was very well laid and taut. Good job.

Groundhog246:
STUPID. :11: :11: Go to the East, enter with a giant stride off the Customs dock and exit via the ladder at RBL, how much simpler could it be?

Not very simple when some guy tells us there is no shore diving from anywhere in the area. Don't know if the guy was legit or not, but since the Custom dock is federal property and we're respectfull people, we didn't argue and we left.

I basically have given up shore diving in that area. It's a nice site though, and I'll pay $20 next year to RDC for a boat ride to dive it, dont't really need the hassle any more, life's too short.

Back
Top Bottom