Rolock 90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I was referring to the large diameter o-rings on the cuffs. I thought maybe they shouldn't be lubed prior to seating so they are locked in pretty good. I saw they show lubing the glove side flat part so that it slides easily over those o-rings.

My thoughts regarding your issues are that:

1) you received a suspicious set of rings because these should come with the suit side o-rings pre installed.

2) the o-rings you were provided and installed yourself are maybe not the correct spec, especially the one used on the side that will let the glove cuff not rotate. Perhaps the o-ring is thicker than norm causing excess tightness, or not properly seated in the suit side cuff groove.

Personally, I do need to periodically lube the cuff o-rings with silicone grease in order to permit the wrist-twist method to rotate the cuffs open after diving cold water. Even then, I have the need to get the rotation started using my opposite hand - the cuffs are definitely on the snug side.

My thoughts regarding your issues are that:

1) you received a suspicious set of rings because these should come with the suit side o-rings pre installed.

2) the o-rings you were provided and installed yourself are maybe not the correct spec, especially the one used on the side that will let the glove cuff not rotate. Perhaps the o-ring is thicker than norm causing excess tightness, or not properly seated in the suit side cuff groove.

Personally, I do need to periodically lube the cuff o-rings with silicone grease in order to permit the wrist-twist method to rotate the cuffs open after diving cold water. Even then, I have the need to get the rotation started using my opposite hand - the cuffs are definitely on the snug side.
I agree about the rings. I think I got some out of spec rings. I purchased from DGX and the system would be out of stock and then become available for like one day. I have a feeling the kits were being put together to send to DGX with whatever leftover stock the distributor had available at the time. I bet I got rings from different batches. I set the two glove side rings side by side on a table and one appears taller than the other.

As to the o-rings they weren't installed and as you pointed out they should have been pre-installed. I see this as an indication the kit was put together from whatever stock was available. I did test the o-rings by swapping sides but it had no effect on the problem.

I have been in touch with the distributor and he has been great. He offered to send me rings from a demo model because I am diving this weekend. However, I said I could wait until he receives new stock from the manufacturer. I am hopeful I will get the new system soon and it remedies the problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom