Rookie, the best advice you'll ever get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleDip

Contributor
Reaction score
No, I dont mean any disrespect, but if your interested in Digital Underwater Photography here is the number one piece of advice you absolutly must follow. Make copy's of all your digital files on a seperate disc and on CD. I know its been said before. I didnt listen when I started and now I am paying the price, so don't make the same mistake. Send your camera files to your camera's software, send them to your Adobe program, just please, please dont forget to send them to a CD.

If you have a lot of hi res pictures, a second HD and a DVD burner make a good option. . I have 2 hard disks in my computer and keep copies of all my photos on both of them, I also have a DVD R/W burner that I use for long term back up. CD's are not really a good option, at least for me because I have lots of photos and I can only get about 200 pictuers on one CD. They are from a 5mp camera take up a lot of space, a 8mp in raw mode would take up a lot more space. It would take me a dozen or more CDs to back up all my pictures now and that grows by several CD each trip. At this time, I can get all my photos on 2 dual sided DVD. I also keep 2 versions of each picture. The original photo as it came from the camera and a second that I have processed in Photoshop. If better software comes out later, I get better at using Photoshop or I want to do something different with the photo, it's best to start from the original. Storing the DVD's off site is not a bad idea either just in case of fire or other disaster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom