royal caribbean DOs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My only cruise experience has been with RC...here's a statement from RC's Terms and Conditions.

Shore excursions are subject to cancellation or modification, depending on the number of guests participating. In the event of a tour cancellation or modification, advance notice will be given by shipboard personnel. Certain tours have a minimum booking requirement, or must be limited to a maximum number of participants. Not all tours described on this website may be available during a particular sailing.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. reserves the right to cancel any Shore Excursion due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever, and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to guests by reason of such cancellation. Full refunds will be made to guests holding tickets for cancelled Shore Excursions.

Like I said, we completely enjoyed our cruise experience with RC...but just wouldn't rely on them for a diving excursion. Holland America appears to be more "diver friendly."

I did not do the Western Caribbean this trip, we were on Eastern. However we did Western Caribbean on Enchantment 2 years ago and did the discover scuba through RCI and they used Sand dollar (if anyone would like to know for eastern, they used Nassau Dive Center in Nassua :) and Underwater Safari in St Thomas). One note, the dive center on board had a lot of issues with reservations this trip. We had several friends that did not get to dive (after booking the trip, and checking etc)..and were very unhappy with the operation...also another couple actually had tickets and had their trip canceled (someone else signed the receipt). If possible, you may want to book on your own....lots of unhappy divers on the ship last week.

I just got back from VOS on 5/21/2004. The cruise was well, lets just say I hated Jamaica and Labadee and parting and departing were a b*tch. On the upnote I dove in the Grand Caymen. They used RedSail and had a wonderful experience with them. We did 104ft dive on the first dive at Big Holes with the three instructors however we were allowed to break up into buddies and when we dove Paradise Reef / Oroverde wreck at about 50ft. I really had nothing bad to say about RedSail. I did tell SeaTrek which is the dive shop on RCL that sponsers the dives that I didn't think anything more than a group of 16 should go. There were 10 of us diving plus the three instructors from RedSail. They have gotten some complaints before so they were happy to take my comments and so forth. I would guess any dive operation like that would be a cattle boat if there were too many people. No one went diving in Jamaica though I wish I had of considering the crap I got about $20 tips at the top of Dunns River Falls even though I had just paid $150 per person for my wife and I to swim with the Dolphins and hike Dunn's River. I nearly punched the guy. Anyway......looking to do GC, Belize and Cozumel on an RCL cruise next year.....just want a smaller ship than VOS.

I was on Celebrity last fall. We tendered into Grand Cayman and turned to the right at the dock. Eden Rock was within
a quarter mile. Two of us were able to rent equipment and go in right from the shore. The underwater life was not the greatest but we were able to get a good dive in at a very
economical price. We also had plenty of time to meeet up with the nondiving members of our families and explore
Georgetown before returning to the ship.

scubamarco:
My bf and I will be going on a W.Caribbean cruise in Sept. on Explorer of the Seas. The ports of call are Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Caymen. We've been told that Coz and GC are the best dives, if we had to pick just two. Can anyone tell me who RC uses as DOs in these ports, and if they are reputable operations? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx!
We use RC all the time and had a fabulous time on the Cayman Sea Trek voyage. It is really neat!!!

Dive with Martin is on the international pier, lots cheaper and have used them before with excellent results, also Aqua del Mar off the Lancoste pier is also highly reccomended...2 tank dive about $60.00 with equipment rental included

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom