Royal Naval Dockyard Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medicbeedge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone,

Last year I was walking around the royal naval dockyard in Bermuda and I saw two people coming out of the water from a shore dive. I would like to get in a few dives close to my ship while i'm waiting for my friends to drag their butts out of bed. I have looked for dive shops in that area and have came up empty. Does anyone know of any place in the area that provides equipment for shore dives?

There is a dive center 10 mins by bus from the dockyard. Somerset Bridge Dive Center, in Sandys Parish at Robinson's Marina. It offers boat diving but maybe they will rent you equipment.
Phone numbers are on this page:
Blue Water Divers Bermuda

Hello everyone,

Last year I was walking around the royal naval dockyard in Bermuda and I saw two people coming out of the water from a shore dive. I would like to get in a few dives close to my ship while i'm waiting for my friends to drag their butts out of bed. I have looked for dive shops in that area and have came up empty. Does anyone know of any place in the area that provides equipment for shore dives?
I dove there close to 40 years ago..not too much to see except it is a good spot to hunt for old bottles.Dove with Kevin and Michael Burke back then. I think Michael, who was a kid back then, is now at Blue water dive shop. Maybe he can assist you.

I wanted to follow up this post. I was down there a few weeks ago. Fantasea has a small shack at snorkel beach where you can rent equipment. The beach was closing down for a party but I had the opportunity to do some snorkeling in the area. It is mostly dead/destroyed coral (still looks good though) with a decent amount of fish swimming by. I didn't go more than 100 ft out so Im not sure what lies beyond but overall a fun way to kill some time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom