RSD’s May 2004 Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(Apologies as I don't know how to use the "quote" feature")

>>>As Bob Barker (a Canadian) would say on his game show The Price is Right, "Come On Down".

Umm... while I'm a proud Canadian diver and just as avid game show fan, I don't remember Bob ever saying that he's a Canuck. I believe he grew up on an Indian reserve in South Dakota if memory serves correctly.

I suppose if I want to get this back on track I could mention that Alex Trebek (Canadian) is a scuba diver!

But never mind that, back to diving chat :)

Cheers,

vtown7.

Again, I'm going to ask some of y'all to consider the forum, and the impression your argumentative natures is making on those new divers who come here looking for info. Please try to tone it back a bit?

IndigoBlue:
The Pacific Northwest U.S.A. article is as close as RSD came to Canadia, so I can see why you don't like it. Too bad. No Canadian diving destinations, to speak of, unfortunately. Other than the Great Lakes, I cannot think of any Canadian dive sites I would want to know about, myself. And that kind of diving my wife is not into; I would have to drop her off in Montreal first, before I headed out for the Great Lakes myself, by my one-sies.

Hmmm ... haven't done any diving in the Great Lakes, but since you're not interested in diving the B.C. coast all I can say is "your loss is my gain" ... :D

FWIW - The Sunshine Coast of mainland B.C. and Vancouver Island are considered by many well-travelled divers to be among the best diving on the planet. Port Hardy, on the north coast of Vancouver Island, rivals any diving you can find anywhere.

As regards to Rodale's reviews ... I've read some pretty loopy ones lately. Some of their "best shore dives" and "best wall dives" are places I've been ... and while I can consider those local dive sites to be pretty nice, I'd hardly put them in anybody's "best" category.

Perhaps they'd be more accurate to call them "dive sites that got the most votes in our poll" ... but popularity doesn't make something "the best".

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'd love to dive BC.

I had planned to a couple years ago but there wan't any way to get there that didn't cost an absolute fortune.

Just my luch to have free diving lined up but no way to get there.

Back
Top Bottom