Rules and Regs for underwater hunting in Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhino_Portland_Oregon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I live in Portland, OR. and would like to know the laws reguarding taking fish and crabs while under the water....

Please help me out....

It is in the state fishing regulations. When you buy your fishing license you can't miss a stack of them by the register usually. If you hunt in the ocean then you'll want to look up the marine supplement on the oregon dept of fish and game website. Take special note on each game species for the methods/gear allowed. You'll learn a lot doing the reading.

I have been spearfishing the Oregon coast for years and the rules are the same for a pole or a polespear. The only difference is you can not spearfish any freshwater fish, this includes salmon and I'm pretty sure also includes strugeon. Unlike Washington size limits do apply, so if you spear a 19 inch ling the game warden is not going to care how big he looked underater. Where are you thinking of going? The spearfishing from shore has really declined in the last 5 or 6 years. The only bright side is there are still some really good crabbing spots. I have been out of the state for the last year and half with work so if you find out anything different I would appreciate knowing. I will be back this coming winter and I'm looking forward to visiting my favorite spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom