RX100, Inon H100 & Dome, Subsea Diopter, Nauticam, system review w/pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For perspective I am accustomed to having an electrical sync cords and the only limitation being how fast your strobe, not camera can recycle. So shooting with optical sync is slower (with some cameras). I put the Sony RX100 in Fill Flash and it fired consistently but there is a delay. Yes you miss some shots you would get with a DSLR or other system. Yes, I would trade the convenience of optical sync cords for the speed of electrical syncs (if there is no way to speed up the camera flash recycle).

BUT...with the Sony RX100 and the Panasonic GX1 I just had to "plan" my shots a little more. I just had to slow down and be more deliberate in waiting for the right moment. Of course if you are shooting a bait ball or super fast moving subjects, you are not going to be able to rattle off as many shots as someone with a Nikon D800 but they paid 5-6x what you did to get that extra speed.

If you don't have previous experience in compact you may beige forgiving
The comments about slow cycle time are from former users of canon and similar
With my s95 I fire 1 shot every 1/1-1/2 seconds the limit being the save time on the memory card not the strobe cycle time
I will take configure my rx100 as still camera and check it out in due course

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom