RX100 shots i am "okay" with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Still getting inconsistency with strobe triggering...pretty sure it is a cable issue. Here are a few pics I think are okay...aside from my strobe issues, the camera is great.
8273481605_63cde15333_c.jpg

8273476977_ddb76d2348_c.jpg

8273478519_c5cd81d14f_c.jpg

S&s ys-02....f8/1-250/iso125.

I have the Inon UCL 67mm...the lionfish was bare port. the crinoid and nudi were with the Inon.

The rx100 as a larger sensor than a traditional compact and the f/8 for macro rule needs adjusting
When shooting video with a diopter I was working at f/11 fixed and it does look sharp I don't see a loss of resolution either so If your strobe is not at full power and has more fstops you could try closing down to f/11

Maybe I am not understanding this correctly but how can use the RX100 at a f/8 when the range of the camera is f1.8-f4.9?

Those reflect the widest aperture at a given zoom not the aperture range.

For example zoomed all the way out you can achieve 1.8 as the max open aperture but if you zoom all the way In you can only achieve 4.9 as the max open aperture. At any zoom length you can close the aperture up to f11 or more. I am not sure what the max closed aperture on the rx100 is. Probably f22 or something.

Minimum aperture is f/11 at all focal lengths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom