RX100 vs. RX100 ii for UW photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you operate the strobe in TTL that will result in underexposure
If you use the strobe on manual instead you will need to decide how to expose the picture on the strobe itself
For inon strobes that have a light meter incorporated this is a way forward for sea and sea for example you will only be able to shoot manual

I didn't realize light metering was a feature the Inon strobe has that the Sea and Sea YS-D1 does not. Sounds like it might give the Inon Z240 an edge as I consider which one to buy.

Jim

I didn't realize light metering was a feature the Inon strobe has that the Sea and Sea YS-D1 does not. Sounds like it might give the Inon Z240 an edge as I consider which one to buy.

Jim

That is the reason why the Z240 costs more. It has more IQ and is more compatible this however may not be much of a requirement depending on shooting style

OK, now having read a bit more on UW photography (Martin Edge book), I went and had a look at the G16. I was not that impressed.

I am going to have a look at the RX100 and RX100ii and both the Ikelite and Nauticam housing although I am leaning towards the latter because you can actually see what the heck the buttons are.

After reading this thread and reviews about the difference between the two Sonys, if I am not that fussed about video, is there any reason to spring for the RX100 ii? I've seen the sensor is improved and low light is better but other than that, what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Claudia

Very helpful link. Great analysis. I think I'm going to go for the RX100, use it on land, and then work out which housing to get as I get closer to a photo course and/or next trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom