S.s. Andrea doria : A journey of adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I found paydirt this weekend while at a visit to the Titanic museum in Branson, Mo! I have been a long time fan of Titanic and had a great time but at the end of the tour in the gift shop while wondering around I turned the corner and found bank note's from the Andrea Doria at a cool price of $2,500.00.
Then I got to the dvd's and I found a Doria case and low and behold it was the Peter Gimble 1980 flic Great sold and out the door!
Got to see it tonight and found that it is an updated movie with Dan Crowell and John Moyer two of the legands of the Doria in it and is in fact The Doria Project of Gimble's from 1980.
This is a show I have only been able to see on YouTube and in french so it has been great to see this at last and add it to my collection and a must see for any Andrea Doria fan!

S.S. ANDREA DORIA: A JOURNEY OF ADVENTURE
cover by Ken Marschall
running time: 60 min and in color
year 2000, Westgate Ent corp

$5.00 well worth it!!

Thats quite interesting as I also have a keen interest in the Andrea Doria so I would be interested to see the movie as well, I'll need to see if I can find it somewhere a bit more accessible to me though.

Dan Crowell ........now there is a character...:D

I read deep descent a few weeks ago and couldn't put it down, fascinating story about the Andrea Doria. Will look out for the film!

Dan Crowell ........now there is a character...:D

And you have hit my curiosity meter.

If anyone has any info on how to find the another Gimble move on the Doria or the "Doria 74" movie please give a yell!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom