S560 and G260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkrane

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a reg for my 12 year old son and would like to know the differences between the g260 and s560 regs. They are very close price so I am having a difficult time deciding. He is a recreational diver who normally gets around 50 dives per year.

If he is going to dive in water colder than 40 degrees, then go with the G260. The G260 is a more robust heavier reg.

If he is doing warm water diving, then I would recommend the S560.

The S560, internally is identical to the S600, except for using the old plastic barrel & no chrome to make it look pretty. The only problem I have heard about the G260 is that the exhale is harder & can tend to trap CO2 during times of exertion., yet inhales quite well.

The S560, internally is identical to the S600, except for using the old plastic barrel & no chrome to make it look pretty. The only problem I have heard about the G260 is that the exhale is harder & can tend to trap CO2 during times of exertion., yet inhales quite well.

Do you know of any tests that show this? I have 5 of them in various configurations . I dive them in all types of conditions, including catching up to students that are young and take off on me, and have not had any problems.

I don't know how you would verify that they 'trap' CO2? The body is so small on any regulator I could not imagine you'd have enough build up to be noticed.

My tech instructor used one in both a high flow cave & keeping clients safe during a trip to Cozumel & came up with CO2 hits each & every time. A problem he has never had using an S600 or G250. He has trialed many different regulators from most manufacturers & has yet to find one that even comes close in ease of breathing of those 2 regs. He has ~6,000- 7,000 dives in his career, half of which are cave dives. Is there a quantitative test for that? I don't know. The only thing we could find if the exhaust valve mushroom valve seems thicker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom