Safe Ascending Practice When You Dive - Scuba Center Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can suggest all you want...
They sign up on the same day.
Their posts strongly refer to their own sites.
They like each other's posts.
They both follow each other.
Born on the same day.

See here:
Hai guys this is Information how to settings GoPro when Diving
Planning Your Drift Dive
Manta Rays Facts - Scuba Center Asia

So, yeah, no, thanks for the suggestion but just no.

Sounds to me like a dive op that decided they want to have an online presence. They and a couple of folks from their shop sign on. They post some on scuba board to generate some interest. Something I have seen from several of our regular posters. They run a shop/instruction business and post a lot. Clearly it is advertising but in a positive way and adds to the board.

Sounds to me like a dive op that decided they want to have an online presence. . . . They post some on scuba board to generate some interest. . . . Clearly it is advertising but in a positive way and adds to the board.
I agree. If they start a thread that leads to some good discussion, then it is a benefit to SB users.

In this case, the OP has outlined what works for them, in their area. Chances are, in their area, there is a lot of boat traffic, and several of the recommendations make reasonable sense, in the context of the OP's post: 'procedures that will keep you safe from passing watercraft'.

As you point out, we are in a very different situation along the mid-Atlantic coast (and elsewhere, based on some of the other responses). We generally don't have DMs in the water, there generally aren't a lot of other boats transiting the immediate area (and other boats moored to a particular wreck generally understand the safe way to maneuver, with divers in the water), and divers are responsible for their own safety.

Sounds to me like a dive op that decided they want to have an online presence. They and a couple of folks from their shop sign on. They post some on scuba board to generate some interest. Something I have seen from several of our regular posters. They run a shop/instruction business and post a lot. Clearly it is advertising but in a positive way and adds to the board.

Posting a lot? Sure. Look at devondiver, no worries there. Same for Cerich and others, they post a lot of stuff, usually interesting, and not every other word is a link to their own site.
Posting stuff only to generate traffic? All their posts link to their own sites. It's so obvious there's no interest whatsoever in "starting a conversation" that it makes me sad...

Safe ascension...to a higher plane of existence, no doubt.

We used to frequently dive off a private beach owned by a great restaurant. Sometimes good bugs, sometimes good fish, sometimes a bit of wreck, always a nice beach to hang out on and a great bar to catch brunch or whatever after the dive.

Except, small powerboats also often came up on the beach. And then, sailboards happened. And then, just about when we'd gotten used to surfacing paranoid style and thought we'd seen everything...one day a (*&Y@!#$ SEAPLANE is coming in for a landing. They didn't cover that in dive training.

Safe ascension, y'all.

You can suggest all you want...
They sign up on the same day.
Their posts strongly refer to their own sites.
They like each other's posts.
They both follow each other.
Born on the same day.

See here:
Hai guys this is Information how to settings GoPro when Diving
Planning Your Drift Dive
Manta Rays Facts - Scuba Center Asia

So, yeah, no, thanks for the suggestion but just no.
Hai Guys, I Only share my Blog from the website.. I Hope My blog can contribute to this forum... I only want to give you know what kinds of the condition in Nusa Penida Bali and Nusa Lembongan... Sorry if my thread is disturbed you.

Posting a lot? Sure. Look at devondiver, no worries there. Same for Cerich and others, they post a lot of stuff, usually interesting, and not every other word is a link to their own site.
Posting stuff only to generate traffic? All their posts link to their own sites. It's so obvious there's no interest whatsoever in "starting a conversation" that it makes me sad...
Hai patoux... sorry if my written make you uncomfortable, if you dont like to visit my web it ok... but i want intruduce you with my company and blog.. thank you..

Back
Top Bottom