Safety Recall Notice: Imperial EANx32 RDP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba dew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Safety Recall Notice: Imperial EANx32 RDP
PADI Americas is recalling a single version of the English Imperial EANx32 Recreational Dive Planner used for calculating dive profiles. A printing error caused a series of numbers to be out of alignment, thus incorrect. The risk of injury from these errors is remote and no injuries have been reported.

All RDPs included in this recall bear the printing mark “Printed in the USA” located on the back of the table, upper right corner. The product number and production code are located on the lower right corner, also on the back of the table. The product number and production code affected by this recall are:

Product No. 60049 Ver 1.2 (Rev 02/03) XXXPDK7

The product code digits indicated by “X” may vary. The last four digits “PDK7” indicate a recalled table, irrespective of what the first three digits are.

As a double check, on Table 3, check the 110 foot row under Pressure Group G. The table should indicate a Residual Nitrogen Time (upper number in white) of 13 and an Actual Bottom Time (lower number in green) of 12. If this box is blank, you have a misprinted table.

We will be notifying consumers certified as PADI Enriched Air Divers after 17 January 2008 via the PADI website, e-mail and other means. They will be directed to stop using the recalled RDP immediately and bring them to any PADI Dive Center/Resort or return them to PADI for a free replacement. If you replace one of these RDPs for a consumer, please notify your PADI Sales Consultant to receive your replacement product.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for your assistance by including this information when you communicate with your customers. Please contact PADI Americas if you have any concerns or questions.

Why did you get a paper table?

This recall was issued on 15 July 2008....well over a year ago. The corrected tables are out and all of our students since last summer have them.

My Son just went through his Nitrox class. I have to admit I was wondering why he got a paper copy of the EANx32 table. The EANx36 was the normal plastic card. This explains why.

Thank you

Not really. All it means is that they didn't have any of the actual EANx32's on hand. :wink:

I trust they adjusted the course price accordingly.... ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom