safety stop question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive computers are like cars. Which car do you want to drive?

Are you serious? Is anything that you post on this site NOT a thinly veiled sales pitch? We get it. You sell scubapro stuff. The best dive computer is the one that backs up the high quality training that you (should have) received. Spend more time teaching divers good habits and you won't have to sell anyone anything - they'll have the knowledge to self-select the best products for their needs.

Sorry, I've just had it with this Beaverdivers crap.

I like to drive the cheapest car that gets the job done, as my ego is not tied to the status of my automobile.

That said, and remembering this is related to recreational diving; I think a good comparison of the concepts would be a dive from 60' using the two methods.

a.) a direct ascent to 15' with a 3 minute SS
b.) an ascent to half depth (30') with 1 minute stops at 30', 20' 10'.

Which would allow more total offgassing.

I don't know the answer myself but it's a toss up between allowing some offgassing while the bubbles are smaller compared to offgassing longer at a greater pressure differential.

I want a computer that is simple to use. That has clear concise explaination of it's algorithims and explains to me the reasons behind the choice. I want it sold to me by a diveshop that has been properly trained to use the computer and assist me in operation of the computer.

What i dont want is a computer from a company that thinks spec sheets are the differentiating factor or an lds that believes that best computer is the highest price one.

But im sure you really didnt want an answer like that to your sales pitch crap.

Daru

I know what kind of car (and/or truck) every one of my dive buddies drives. I have no clue what dive computer they use.

Is this type of sales pitch really effective in Colorado?

I drove cars with many of the bells and whistles at one time in my life. For HS graduation, my uncle gave me his 1960 Jaguar XKE conv. I gave it back to him the next day when he sobered up. I put my wife in Toyota Surpa for a while. Then I realized there is a practical and affordability consideration in car selection and I am not going to waste my $$$ in high dollar cars when I could be spending it on enjoyable diving. To a much lesser degree, the same thing applies to dive computers. You can spent $1000 on a dive computer or you can spend $200 on a dive compuiter and do basically the same same dives. If you spend $200, then you have $800 you can spend on diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom