Safety Survey of Recreational Scuba Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadoc

Medical Moderator
Reaction score
March 22, 2002

David Colvard, MD has a very important and valuable study of divers that he is initiating. It involves filling out a questionaire that will take only a few minutes of your time and will be anonymous.

Dr. Colvard has the following to say:
"In the Fall of 2000 over 12,000 divers participated in the Safety Survey of Recreational Scuba Divers. A report of those results has been accepted for presentation at the June scientific meeting of Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society. Articles in dive magazines will soon follow.

Several dive researchers and organizations encouraged me to conduct a follow up survey to help us better understand divers and their experiences. Several of them gave me much good advice and helped design the questions. This anonymous, confidential survey should take approximately 3 to 6 minutes to complete. Results will be compiled and completed as a group only. No individual identifying information will be released to anyone without their permission. Ideally, I would like to be able to follow the same group of divers each year for 3 consecutive years for a prospective study.

Please help us by passing along the following URL for this survey. You have my permission to post it on reputable dive bulletin boards, etc. I do not intend to make a paper version of the survey available. In the first 10 hours over 500 divers have already responded.

Survey URL:
http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?8V4F4CVB7M1NXFVYT1EY9QD9

Let us know if you have any trouble accessing the questionaire.

Best regards:
scubadoc

Back
Top Bottom